A Disk Read Error Occurred in Windows 10
This Page Helps you to Download and Install Asus Driver on Windows PC, MAC. You get a Asus Driver online. You can install Asus Driver here. To Download and Install Asus Driver in USA or UK on your Windows PC, MAC.
A disk read error occurred in Windows 10 is a common mistake we may encounter. This error means that Windows detects a hard disk problem or that there is a problem with the hard disk read process. This error appears while the computer is booting and prevents the computer from booting into the operating system, directly preventing the user from leaving the system. It appears with the message "A disk read error has occurred, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart".
"There is a read error on the disk, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart", an error is displayed while some users start Windows 10. Even if you try to restart your computer when prompted, This is a very annoying problem and there is no quick fix, because different reasons may be causing it.However, with the help of our technical support and the report of some users, we found here are some proven ways to correct the error.
We know that this error is due to one of the following causes:
Cause 1: Invalid or invalid MBR configuration
The most common cause of this error is an incorrect configuration of the MBR. This is usually due to disk write errors, virus attacks, or power outages.
Cause 2: Incorrectly configured partition table
For the same reasons, the partition table may be misconfigured. If this is the case, it is possible to rebuild the partition table from scratch to ensure that the system loads correctly.
Solution 1: Test RAM memory
It seems odd that the RAM tests have something to do with a hard disk read error, but a memory problem does raise many problems. Because the RAM test is simple and non-destructive, you can also perform a full test of RAM. The entire test process is secure and does not damage the hard drive or the data, you can try this first.
If you added new RAM memory to your computer, you can try to:
- Remove new RAM modules you recently added
- Let only 1 RAM module
- Restart the computer
You can also try to move the single RAM module to a different location to resolve the problem if one of your RAM slots is damaged. To do this, just follow these steps:
- Leave 1 RAM module on slot # 1
- Restart the computer
If "A disk read error has occurred" still appears, move the RAM module to slot 2 and restart the computer.
Solution 2: Reset the default BIOS or upgrade to the latest version
- Restart the computer and press the key to enter the BIOS Setup program. The key can be F2, F10, Del, etc., varying from one computer to another. Just look closely at the screen while the computer is booting.
- Use the arrow keys to change the menu option and locate the option to reset the BIOS. The name to restore the default settings of WOOD is not the same on different computers. These can be Load Default, Apply Default, Load BIOS Settings, Load Defaults, Load Default Settings, Factory Defaults, and so on.
- Save the changes, exit the BIOS, and restart the computer.
Solution 3: Check / replace the cables
If the error is caused by damaged hard disk cables, try one of the following tips to correct the error:
- Try another port for SATA / IDE cables
- If you have more than one hard drive, leave only the hard drive with Windows installed and test multiple SATA / IDE ports and cables.
The error "A disk read error has occurred" may appear if:
- SATA / IDE cables are damaged
- SATA / IDE ports on your hard drives are damaged
If the hard drive cables and ports are not damaged, the problem may also be with the hard drive itself.
Solution 4: Hard Disk Test
check if there are any bad blocks on your hard drive. If bad sectors are on the disk, the Partition Assistant will mark them in "red". Otherwise, all sectors will be marked "green". Once faulty blocks are found, you must take steps to protect them. We suggest that you make a backup of your important data to ensure the security of your data.
When you encounter "A disk error has occurred" on a laptop or Asus desktop, you can first understand the reason for this error, and then take solutions accordingly.