Your Acer laptop becomes a black screen, sometimes the screen is black after the logo? Do not worry. You can repair your Acer black screen laptop with the solutions presented in this article. Here are some solutions that you can try if your laptop’s screen is black. You do not have to try them all; Simply reduce your list until everything works.
Solution 1: Power reset your laptop
Power resetting does a trick to fix the Acer black screen issue and it works for many people. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn off your laptop.
- Remove the power adapter cable, hard drives, battery, and other connected devices.
- Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then release it. Your laptop will start and shut down during this time.
- Replace your battery and plug in the charger. Then do not connect anything else.
- Press the power button as usual to turn on your laptop.
Solution 2: Check for virus and malware
The screen on your Acer notebook may be black if your system has been damaged by a virus or malware. Run an antivirus scan on the entire Windows system. Yes, it may take a while, but it is worth it. Unfortunately, it is possible that Windows Defender does not detect it. It is therefore interesting to try another antivirus program. If malware has been detected, follow the instructions provided by the antivirus program to repair it. Then reboot your computer normally and see if it solves your black screen problem.
Solution 3: Try F2, F9, and F10 key
If you find that your Acer laptop screen is black, try this:
- Make sure to turn off your notebook and unplug all external devices. 7.Press the power button to turn on your laptop.
- When the Acer logo or startup screen appears, press the F2, F9, F10, and Enter keys on your keyboard.
- Select Exit> Yes and press Enter.
Solution 4: Update BIOS
BIOS stands for Basic Input Output System. It is software that is stored on a small memory chip in the motherboard of your computer. The BIOS is used to identify and troubleshoot the hardware problem of your computer or laptop.
To update your BIOS, go to the Acer support page, locate the BIOS file for your Acer notebook model. Download it to your USB drive and follow the instructions provided by Acer to update the BIOS.