Acer laptops are widely used devices, favored by thousands of users around the world because of the advanced features it offers users when they work. But it is obvious that technical problems occur at one point in life. Users typically encounter various errors when working on Acer laptops, one of which is a 0xc00000e9 error. The error is usually due to a failure or hard drive problem. Let’s see below what are the methods to fix Acer Error Code 0xc00000e9.
- Due to unwanted or redundant data in the registry.
- Due to corruption of damage or obsolete records.
- Malware or virus attack on the system.
- Must incompatible versions.
- Unwanted files on the hard drive.
- Slow PC performance.
- Malfunction of several programs.
- Received startup errors with other registry errors.
- Unexpected system shutdown resulting in loss of unsaved data.
Method 1: check the device connections
- Shut down your Windows 10 or Windows 8.1, 8 devices.
- When the shutdown process is complete, examine the USB ports on your device and disconnect all USB cables except for your keyboard and mouse.
- Start your device as you normally do.
- Check if the error code 0xc00000e9 is still present.
- If the error code no longer appears, you will need to connect one device at a time following the procedure above.
Method 2: Check your hard drive
- You will have to consider that the hard disk of your device may be damaged. In this case, if you have another hard drive, you can try plugging it in and see if it is error code 0xc00000e9 because of the old hard drive.
- If your hard drive is causing the problem,We suggest that you contact your hard drive in a specialized repair shop and tell them exactly what the problem is and your error code and the error code you get when you try to start on the system.
Method 3: Repair the MBR with Windows PE
Another solution is to solve this problem by using Windows Preinstallation Environment (PE). Sometimes, when the Windows operating system is installed, the Master Boot Record (MBR) is not set correctly (drive C). Be careful because the procedure below requires a certain level of skill.
- Connect a hard drive or external hard drive with Windows PE to your PC.
- Start Windows PE and set your C drive as a master boot record.
- Restart your computer, reinstall Windows, and see if the problem is resolved.
Method 4: Remove the program badly
- Press the F8 key to select the option called “Safe Mode”.
- Go to Control Panel> Uninstall a program> from the list, uninstall the recently installed applications.
Method 5: Repair your computer
- Insert the Windows installation disc into the CD / DVD drive.
- Start the PC and boot from the CD / DVD drive.
- Select the Start Repair option.
- Please wait until the end of the repair process.
- Click the Finish button.