Acer Laptop Windows Error Recovery
If Acer Windows can not boot normally, Windows displays the Windows Error Recovery dialog box. On a system where boot repair files are not installed.
The problem of "Windows error recovery" is usually caused by problems such as corrupted system files, a hardware change, or compromised boot configuration data (BCD).
The most common causes of this error are:
1: BCD is missing or corrupted
One of the most common causes of this error is BCD become missing or corrupt. This can happen because of disk write errors, power failures, boot sector viruses, or errors made during manual configuration of the BCD.
2: compromised file system integrity
For the same reasons, the file system itself may be corrupted or damaged. This happens even more often if you turn off a PC while it is writing crucial data on the boot sector.
3: The system files are damaged
System files can also become corrupted or damaged for the same reasons.
Solution 1 :Start in the last known good configuration
Here are the steps to start in the Last Known Good Configuration option
- Restart your computer
- Press F8 repeatedly until the list of startup options appears
- Choose the last known good configuration (advanced)
- Press Enter and wait to start
Solution 2 :Restore Windows
- Press the On / Off button for 5 seconds to completely shut down the system.
- Press the power button to turn on the computer.
- Simultaneously press the Alt and F10 keys when the Acer logo appears on the screen. Your system should start on a blue screen labeled Choose an option.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Click Reset your PC. This process will erase all data from your system. Choose the Refresh Your PC option if you want to restore your system and keep your data.
- Click Next, and then select Just delete my files.
- Click Reset to begin recovery.
Solution 3 :Start chkdsk
You can also run the chkdsk process. Here are the steps:
- Insert your CD; restart your computer
- Boot on the CD by pressing any key when the message "Press any key to boot from the CD" appears on your computer.
- Press R to open the Recovery Console in the Options menu.
- Type your administrator password
- Hit Enter 6.Income from command, type the following command:
- chkdsk C: / f / x / r Press Enter
- Once the chkdsk process finishes, restart your computer.