How to get your Windows 10 or Office 365 product key
To protect against unauthorized copying and installation, most professional software protects some kind of protection. Even though software makers use different methods to achieve this goal, however, from a common perspective, the user must type in a product key or serial number, which is a matter of Microsoft Windows and Office 365.
This string of letters and / or numbers is a unique identifier that decodes the software to verify that your copy is legitimate. It is necessary to authorize the eligibility for the installation and production of software, so it is necessary to know where it is and how to enter it.
A Windows product key is a 25-character code used to activate Windows.
It looks like this:
PRODUCT KEY: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Download one of these software to find your Windows 10 and Office 365 keys.
- Download Magical Jelly Bean
- Download Belarc
- Download Sterjo Key finder
Here are some easy ways to Download Product Key for both Windows and Office.
Find your product key
Try to remember how you purchased your Microsoft software, which determines where you need to find out to find a product key.
- Most software you buy directly from Microsoft Store as a digital download, like Office, Windows, and Xbox games, can be downloaded, installed, or reinstalled in order history. Find the software and then select Product key/Install.
- If you have a digital gift card that’s good for a game or app, you must redeem it first.
- If you bought your Microsoft software from a third-party website, you’ll need to get download and product key info from them.
Find your key for Microsoft Windows or Office 365
Magical Jelly Software to find your office 365 key. If you can not find your key but install the software, you can use programs like Magic Jelly Bean Key Finder. This utility can quickly find and display for your Windows key (including keys for Office 365 keys and many other installed programs). Download Magic Jelly Bean and follow the installation process to install it on your computer.
- Launch the program. You can find it by clicking the Start menu, typing keyfinder and press Enter.
- The program will scan your installations and find the product keys of supported programs, including various versions of Windows and Microsoft Office.
- When the scan is complete, the tool will display a window with entries in the left pane for whatever installed versions of Windows and Office365 it detected.
- Click the entry for your version of Microsoft Windows or office 365 to reveal the key and other information about the installation. On the right side of the window, the ‘CD key’ will be listed below. Record this information if you need to reference in the future. Be sure to record information so information will not work otherwise. Do not confuse this with ‘Product ID’ entry, which is unnecessary.
- Click the entry for your Microsoft Office version to reveal key and other information about that installation. The same is recommended for Office 365: Your key will be listed below the ‘CD key’ on the right side of the window window. Be sure to record this information, or else it will not work.