Airplay error code 11800
Apple TV Netflix Error 11800 indicates a network problem and prevents the device from connecting to Netflix. In fact, this error is also called ATV error and occurs due to Airplay related issues and other failures when connecting to the server. When this Apple TV Netflix 11800 error occurs, you must refresh the information stored on your device. While correcting Apple TV Netflix 11800 TV error can also be displayed as "Unable to read the title. Please try again later "or" There was a problem reading the item ".
If you get the Netflix error 11800 on your Apple TV, follow methods to fix this bug –
Method 1:Restart your Apple TV
Restarting the TV will update your data for -
- First, disconnect all the plugs connected to your Apple TV, then wait 5 minutes.
- Set all connections to turn on the unit.
- Now start the Netflix application to make sure the 11800 error no longer occurs.
Method 2: Restore your ISP’s default settings
If you have already changed the DNS settings of your Apple TV, simply reset them so that they can acquire the default settings automatically. This troubleshooting will work as the charm to fix the 11800 error.
- In the situation, if you are connected to a virtual or public private network, disable it immediately.
- Now connect the TV directly to the Internet at home, without thinking.
- Continue, call your ISP's professional and ask them to reset your router settings.
Method 3: Restore the Default Network Settings
At first, open the Apple TV Settings app, and select Network from the list of available options in the right pane.
- Double-click on Wifi to view the current network information.
- In the next window, when you get a new menu for the network, click Configure DNS.
- Maintain the automatic DNS to manual.
- Finally, click Done to apply the latest changes.