Setup Alexa Amazon Prime
You’ll be about to ask silly questions to the Alexa voice assistant in no time! This hands-free voice-activated speaker can do more than you think. Activated with Alexa, the echo can respond to voice commands and listen to your music, read audio books, report weather, break news, and more.
With seven built-in microphones, the echo is designed to hear your voice commands, no matter where you are in the room, even in case of background noise or music. Want to start? Here’s how to set up your brand new Amazon Echo
How to Setup Alexa Amazon Prime ?
1. Download the Alexa app and login
Before setup, make sure you have the latest version of the Alexa app in your device’s app store. With the free Alexa app, you can set up your device, manage your alarms, music, shopping lists, and more. The Alexa app is available on phones and tablets with:
- Fire OS 3.0 or higher
- Android 4.4 or higher
- iOS 8.0 or higher
To download the Alexa app, go to the App Store on your mobile device and search for “Alexa App”. Then select and download the application. You can also access https://alexa.amazon.co.uk from Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer (version 10 or higher) on your Wi-Fi-enabled computer.
2. Enable Amazon Echo
Connect the supplied AC adapter to Amazon Echo (1st generation) and then to a power outlet. The light ring on Amazon Echo (1st generation) turns blue, then orange. When the light turns orange, Amazon Echo (1st generation) welcomes you.
3. Connect Amazon Echo to a Wi-Fi network
Follow the instructions in the app to connect Amazon Echo (1st generation) to a Wi-Fi network. For more information, go to Connecting your Echo device to Wi-Fi. If your Amazon Echo (1st generation) does not connect to your Wi-Fi network, unplug it, and then plug it into a power outlet to restart it. If the problem persists, reset your Amazon Echo (1st generation) to its factory settings and then set it up again. For more information, see Reset your echo device.
4. Talk to Alexa
You can now use your Echo device. To begin, say the “waking word” then talk to Alexa naturally. Your Echo device is set to respond to the default “Alexa” alarm clock, but you can change it at any time. You can make this change in the Alexa app by selecting the Devices icon. Select your Echo device and select Wake Word.
Here are 7 new tips to try with Alexa
- Find trendy songs and artists from major cities around the world in Prime Music. Just ask: “Alexa, play what’s popular in Dublin.”
- Play music on multiple Echo devices at the same time: “Alexa, play August Greene in the living room” or “Alexa, play August Greene everywhere”.
- Play a song depending on the context when you do not remember the name and / or the artist: “Alexa, play the song that says,” I do not dance now, I make money. “Re uncertain.
- Play music on a theme: “Alexa, play the classic to study.”
- Play an audiobook: “Alexa, play the book Her Perfect Revenge.”
- Add a song to your Prime Music library. The song must be playing on the Echo device for it to work. Just ask: “Alexa, add Bodak Yellow to my new workout”.
- Restore the essentials at home by simply asking “Alexa, reorder cat treats”.