Apple Error Code 8268
You are experiencing an 8268 download error on iTunes or a "Touch to try again" error on iPhone / iPad when trying to download purchased music or videos? You are not alone. This iTunes error can occur when launching, opening, updating, installing, downloading, connecting, removing, uninstalling, syncing, and repairing a device running Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1.
This error can occur because the security software has blocked the normal operation of the iTunes application. Runtime errors are usually caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also be due to a memory problem, an incorrect graphics driver, or a virus infection. In many case, the problem must be solved immediately to avoid other problems.
- iTunes has lost its Internet connection
- iTunes left before the download was complete
- Your iOS device or your computer rebooted during a download
- Your internet connection was too slow
- Another application has blocked the download, such as third-party security software or a firewall
- We present solutions to fix the download error iTunes 8268 on Windows or Mac, as well as tips to solve the problem "download error, retry" on an iOS device in the following parts
Solution 1: Tap the iTunes pause button to download items again
Tap to retry the download. When iTunes tries to download the songs / videos you have purchased again, simply press the Pause button. Once paused, press the button again to resume downloading.
Solution 2: Choose available downloads
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes. Go to "Account> Search for Available Downloads".
- Then download the songs or videos you want.
Solution 3: Update your PC device drivers
- Start Open Start
- Manager Search the device manager,
- Expand the category you want to update
- Right-click the device, and select Update Driver
- Click the option Automatically search for updated driver software
Solution 4: Install all available Windows updates
To check for Windows updates
- Click the Start button
- Type "update" in the search field and press ENTER
- The Windows Update dialog box will appear
- If updates are available, click the Install Updates button