Asus Laptop Repairing Disk Errors
Disk errors in Windows can be annoying and just as devastating if they are not fixed in time. Disk errors are not common in Windows 10, but they can sometimes be caused by bad sectors, sudden power failure, power surges, malware or viruses, corruption, physical damage, and so on. the drive connected to your Windows 10 system becomes inaccessible and the files on the affected hard disk are subject to corruption that may result in data loss. You may have noticed that the Windows 10 operating system tries to fix disk errors when you start your PC. but sometimes, due to serious disk errors, your PC may get stuck during hard disk repair.
In simple terms, the problem with a disk error is due to an incorrect boot order, a BIOS problem, an IDE cable failure, an incorrect MBR configuration, a bad hard drive, and so on.
Solution 1: Automatic repair
- Boot the computer through the installation bracket. When your computer starts, wait until the manufacturer's logo checks to see if the boot menu option is F12.
- The start menu key may differ from one manufacturer to another. If you can not find the start menu key, you can refer to the user manual.
- Restart the computer when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, press and hold the boot menu option key to access the boot menu and change the boot option to CD / DVD-ROM.
- After starting your computer, a black screen appears with the gray text "Press any key to boot from a CD or DVD". Press a key.
- Select the correct time and type of keyboard.
- Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner..
- Click Troubleshooting, Advanced, and then Auto Repair.
Solution 2: Check Security and Maintenance
Under Security and Maintenance, the Windows operating system keeps you informed about problems with the health of your system. This can help you identify hardware and software issues. If your system is able to start Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel> Security and Maintenance. Click Maintenance to expand, and then locate Drive Status.
- If there is a problem with the hard drive, it is shown here, otherwise you see all the drives are working properly.
Solution 3: Fix MBR and Fix Boot
This works when the boot sector of your system or your MBR (Master Boot Record) is corrupted or damaged. For this, you need a Windows installation or repair disk. You can also create one using Windows ISO and a tool such as Win32DiskImager.
Use it to boot the system and then,
- Select the language
- Click the "Repair your computer" link in the lower right corner of the window.
- Choose the operating system (Windows version) to repair, then click "Next".
- In the System Recovery Options window, choose "Command Prompt."
- Execute the CHKDSK utility by typing chkdsk X: / r where X is the drive letter (this will check the drive and check for errors).
- After the end of Chkdsk, type Bootrec / fixboot to repair the boot sector.
- Then type Bootrec / fixmbr to repair the master boot record file
- Type Exit and click Restart
Solution 4: Proceed System Restore
System Restore is a way to undo system changes with the restore point you created to restore settings and system files to an earlier point without loss of personal data. If a Windows computer or laptop can not start, you can use installation or recovery media to enter the startup settings. Let's see how to fix Windows blocked on 'Fix Disk Errors' with System Restore Now:
- Create an installation media with a USB stick: you can access Microsoft to download a media creation tool (for Windows 10) or Windows 8/7 installation packages;
- Insert a USB stick or DVD into a PC or laptop and reboot it.
- Set Windows to boot from a drive and change the boot order in the BIOS.
- On the Windows Setup screen, select "Repair your computer".5. On the "Choose an option" screen, select "Troubleshoot"> "Advanced Option"> "System Restore".
You have probably corrected the disk read error of your system by following the solutions given above. In rare cases, when a hard drive fails or is severely corrupted, you must replace the hard drive.