The Avast antivirus is one of the best antivirus on the market. You can use the antivirus to stay protected from malware and viruses that can affect your computer. Avast also provides security against cyber-threats, spyware, etc. However, many problems can occur when using Avast services. The Avast antivirus error code 0x80046401 is one of those issues that occurs when there are problems installing the software. The Avast error is due to a corrupt download or incomplete installation. Virus or malware infections in the Windows registry may be another reason for this error. In this article, we will discuss how to x fix Avast error 0x80046401.
- "Error 0x80046401" appears and closes the active program window.
- Your PC frequently crashes with error 0x80046401 while running the same program.
- "Avast! Free Antivirus Error 0X80046401 "is displayed.
- Windows is slow and reacts slowly to the mouse or keyboard.
- Your computer "hangs" periodically for a few seconds at a time.
These 0x80046401 error messages can appear during program installation, when a AVAST Software sro-related program (eg. Avast! Free Antivirus) is running, starting or stopping Windows , or even operating software.
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Avast! Free antivirus software.
- The corruption in the Windows registry of a recent Avast! Software modification related to free antivirus (installation or uninstallation).
- Virus or malware that has corrupted Windows or Avast! Free Antivirus program files.
- Another program deleted Avast! Maliciously or by mistake. Free files related to the antivirus.
The error code 0x80046401 may be fixed by using some steps given below.
Step 1 – Repair registry entries to remove error code 0x80046401:
Incorrect registry of windows is the most common reason of malfunctioning of computers. Repair registry entries to fix it.
Step 2 – Full scan your device to detect malware:
You can conduct full malware scanning on your device. It will help to detect and remove all malware to get rid of the error.
Step 3 – Clean system junk with disk cleanup:
Temporary and junk files cause the slow speed of device as well as shows Avast error code 0x80046401. Clean all junks and temporary files from your computer.
Step 4 – Update Device driver for PC:
If PC device driver is not updated then may cause errors. To fix this error you need to update PC device drive.
Step 5 – Undo the reset system change through Windows system restores:
By the help of Windows system restore you can go back to the time when PC was working fine which will help you to fix Avast error code 0x80046401.