The Bad System Config Info BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error on Windows 10 is a BSoD resulting from a boot configuration file problem. There are cases where older files conflict with stable or newer files. This can also be caused by a bug in the registry. If you get this stop code, you will have to follow different methods to solve this problem. However, most of these solutions can only be done if the PC is able to reboot. Otherwise, you can try restarting in safe mode before following the steps.
Reasons for System Configuration Error Error
In fact, many reasons can cause an information error on the system configuration, the main ones are listed below:
- Damaged hard disk, for example, badly damaged sectors
- Windows system files are missing or corrupt
- Windows registry errors
- Incorrectly configured, corrupted, missing, or conflicting device drivers
- Hardware errors, for example, corruption or corrupted RAM
All of these may cause a system configuration information error on your computer, your computer’s Windows system will not start correctly. You should resolve the problem before you can restart Windows.
How to Fix Bad System Config Info Blue Screen Error in Windows 10
Solution 1. Update Windows and all your drivers
Keep your PC up-to-date to avoid BSoD errors such as BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO
- Go to Settings and select Updates and Security.
- Select the Check for Updates checkbox
- Windows 10 will check and install the updates automatically.
- To update the drivers manually, open the Device Manager and expand the drive you want to update.
- Right-click the drive and choose Update Driver.
- Choose Automatically find the updated driver. Otherwise, click Browse My Computer to find the driver if the driver is installed on your PC.
Solution 2. Fix the BCD files
- As in Solution 2, restart PC to boot from disk. Click Next.
- Choose Repair your computer.
- Select Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, and then Command Prompt.
- Type these commands in sequence in the command prompt window:
bootrec / repairbcd
bootrec / osscan
bootrec / repairmbr Press Enter after each.
- Close the window and restart the PC.
Method 3. Fix The Windows Registry
Boot from a Windows 10 DVD / USB and launch the command prompt. It is best to use the DVD for this purpose. After that, follow these instructions:
- Use the following command:
- CD C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config
- (here C is the partition on which Windows is installed).
- Enter the following commands one by one to rename these files with the suffix .old:·
- ren C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \ DEFAULT DEFAULT.old·
- ren C: \ Windows \ System32 \ SAM \ config SAM.old·
- ren C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \ SECURITY SECURITY.old·
- ren C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \ SOFTWARE SOFTWARE.old·
- ren C: \ Windows \ SYSTEM32 \ config \ SYSTEM SYSTEM.old
- Enter the following commands one by one to copy the registry backup files into your current registry folder. This completes the manual restore of the registry of your computer.
- Copy C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Config \ RegBack \ DEFAULT C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Config \
- Copy C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \ RegBack \ SAM C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \
- Copy C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Config \ RegBack \ SECURITY C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Config \
- Copy C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \ RegBack \ SYSTEM C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \
- Copy C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \ RegBack \ SOFTWARE C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \