Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac is one of the most advanced antivirus protection suites for Apple devices. It comes with a host of features including multilayer ransomware protection, adware removal, and Windows malware. . If you are concerned about Internet problems, Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac is the best software for Mac in 2019. It is also very likely that Mac owners use and transmit infected content from (and targeted to) Windows systems.
BitDefender Antivirus for Mac solves the problem because it protects Mac computers against Mac viruses while blocking threats that target other platforms, but can pass through the Mac environment.
- Real-time Antivirus Protection The virus shield automatically detects and blocks all known Mac viruses.
- Extended Detection In addition to Mac viruses, BitDefender detects and removes any type of malware targeting other operating systems.
- Optimized perfomance Intelligent scanning and a small memory footprint lead to a low impact on your computer’s speed.
- Intelligent Virus Scanner Run a full virus check on your system or choose to scan only the critical areas for maximum efficiency.
- Scheduled scanning The Scheduler lets you plan ahead and schedule full system/drive scans in the off hours, when you are not using your computer.
- Quarantine Zone Secures infected or suspected files and moves them to a safe location, pending forwarding to the BitDefender Antivirus Lab.
- Easy to use Use the BitDefender dock icon to get access to the most common tasks or to drag&drop files on it for quick scanning.
- Always up-to-date Fast automatic updates keep the product ready to react to any new threat.
- Innovative technology The product is based on the award-winning BitDefender antivirus technologies.
- Professional Technical Support Free technical support for the entire duration of the product license.
Intel-based Macintosh running the one of following operating systems: Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.6 or later) Mac OS X Leopard (10.5 or later) Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6 or later) 1 GB of RAM Memory 100 MB available hard disk space Minimal normal (4:3) display resolution: 1024 x 768 Minimal wide display resolution: 1024 x 640
With the launch of the newest version of Apple’s operating system, macOS 10.14 Mojave, the installation process for Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac will experience certain changes. Before you proceed with the installation, make sure you meet the minimum system requirements.
To Install Antivirus for Mac on an Apple device running macOS High Sierra or a newer version, you will need to follow the steps detailed below:
- Go to your Bitdefender Central account.
- Prior to the installation of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac, please make sure that you have a Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac subscription in your Central account so the product you install can retrieve it’s validity from your account.
- If you have an older license key for the previous Antivirus for Mac product, you can find how to transform it into a Bitdefender subscription, in this article, here.
- Select the My Devices panel.
- In the My Devices window, click INSTALL PROTECTION.
- In the newly opened window, click on Protect this device.
- An agent will be downloaded on your system, respectively in the Downloads folder. Please double click on this agent file with the .pkg extension and follow the on-screen instructions. Click on Continue.
- Next, you will be guided through the steps necessary to install security on your Mac. Click on Continue.
- When prompted, type your username and password, then click Install Software.
- A small window will appear and Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac will automatically download and install.