Bitdefender Error 1002
Bitdefender Error 1002 is a very common Bitdefender antivirus problem and in most cases your computer is frozen by this error. In addition, it can block all activities on your computer. The corrupted Windows registry and the incomplete installation of the Bitdefender antivirus are the main reason for this error. Common Reasons Behind the Bitdefender 1002 Update Error.
This error code has several reasons, but the main ones are as follows
- virus attack- If infected files enter your system, which is stronger and impossible to recognize by Bitdefender, this may be the cause of this problem.
- Version of Bitdefender- If you are using an outdated version of Bitdefender, this may also be a reason for this error code.
- Bitdefender problem- If one of the Bitdefender files is lost from your system, it may cause a Bitdefender 1002 error problem.
- The active program window crashes whenever error 1002 appears.
- Your PC crashes frequently with the same error 1002 when you try to run the same program.
- An update error is displayed on your screen.
- Windows reacts very slowly to any activity and runs slowly or restarts itself.
- The computer system frequently "freezes" at periodic intervals.
Method 1 - Clean up unwanted and temporary files
- First, open your device, and then click the Start button.
- Now, in the search box, you must type RUN, then select Run from the search results.
- Then, a Run dialog box opens, type% Temp% in the search box.
- In addition, you must press Enter on the keyboard or click OK to open the temporary folder.
- Now in the folder, select whole data, then right-click.
- In addition, you must select the Delete option from the list.
- Click OK or Yes to allow the permission to completely delete the data from the system.
- Now wait for the process to finish, then reboot your system to save the changes.
If the above method does not correct the Bitdefender 1002 error, you can also run Disk Cleanup to delete the temporary files. Also follow the other methods to solve the problem of your system without any problem.
Method 2- Run the Windows Defender firewall
As if your system is infected, you can use the Windows Defender Firewall tool. It is an integrated tool present in all editions of Windows and running permanently in the background. But a complete scan will be the best option for removing malicious files. This is a manual process that you must perform manually.
- First, open Settings by pressing the Windows key and the letter I simultaneously.
- Then scroll to the Update & Security option and run the tool.
- Select Windows Security in the left pane and then the Virus and Threat Protection option.
- After that, click on "Run a new advanced scan". Then, select the full scan under this Advanced Scans window.
- Then, tap Scan Now, it will start scanning your system.
Method 3 - Install Available Updates
You can follow the procedure below to install all available updates on your system. Updates will also be installed automatically as soon as they become available if you have enabled the automatic update feature on your system. Let's follow the process to check and install updates manually:
- First, you must click the Start button and then update in the search field.
- Now select the update option from the search results, then press the Enter key.
- In addition, a window will open with the available updates.
- If updates are available for installation, click Install and wait for the process to complete.
- Now, restart your device to complete the process, then search for the error message.
Method 4 - Repair Windows Registry Entries
- First, click the start button in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Now type cmd or command in the search field.
- In addition, select the CMD in the search results, and press Enter while holding down the CTRL + SHIFT keys.
- Click Yes to allow the program to open.
- Now, where the cursor is blinking, type "regedit" and press Enter.
- Next, select the key related to Bitdefender Error 1002 in the registry editor.
- Click Export on the File menu, and in the Save in list list, select the folder in which to save the backup key.
- You will be prompted to enter the file name in the File Name box.
- After entering the file name, be sure to select the branch selected in the area of the export range.
- Finally, click the Save button to save the .reg extension file to your system.