Bitdefender is a popular anti-malware worldwide. With its complete features, it also presents some technical problems. Bitdefender VPN Error 1004. One of the most common problems is the Bitdefender VPN error 1004. This problem usually occurs when the Bitdefender files are corrupted. Sometimes, if your Internet connection is bad, you may be experiencing this problem. If endpoint computers are not properly configured for Internet interaction through a proxy server, it can not run the proxy server because of a DNS fix. No proxy has been configured in the Bitdefender policy. Many users reported that during the update process they were getting this extremely frustrating error code. Read the article for the best tips.
- "Error 1004" appears and blocks the active program window.
- Your PC crashes frequently with error 1004 when running the same program.
- "Bitdefender Error 1004" is displayed.
- Windows is slow and reacts slowly to the mouse or keyboard.
- Your computer "hangs" periodically for a few seconds at a time.
These 1004 error messages can appear during program installation, when a software related to Softwin (eg, BitDefender Antivirus) is running, during Windows startup or shutdown or even when installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your 1004 error occurs is essential information in solving the problem.
The corrupt download or incomplete installation of the BitDefender Antivirus software.
- Corruption in the Windows registry following a recent software change related to BitDefender Antivirus (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware that has corrupted Windows system files or BitDefender Antivirus related program files.
- Another program maliciously or erratically deleted files related to BitDefender Antivirus.
Runtime errors such as "Error 1004" can be caused by various factors. It is therefore important to solve the problem to prevent it from happening again.
Method 1: Make sure that you have correctly configured the proxy settings in the Antivirus Panel so that Antivirus can communicate with the Internet and also try to find these settings in your web browser.
Method 2: Check Whether Your Invalid Dns Are Correct Or Not Due To Previous Malware Infection.
Step 1: Simultaneously press the Windows and R keys, type ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
Step 2: Now right click on the Internet icon in networks.
Step 3: Double-click TCP / IP in the settings and correct all Internet IP addresses. If you can not, you can click to automatically detect the IP address.
Method 3: Manually Fix Error
Step 1: Press Windows + R and type control and press Enter.
Step 2: Now open the installed programs and locate Bitdefender.
Step 3: Uninstall Bitdefender by right-clicking it.
Step 4: After deleting, clear cookies and temporary data.
Step 5: Now reboot the system, reinstall Antivirus and check the proxy settings for Antivirus.