Brother Printer error 48
Brother printers are renowned for their incredible features and excellent print service, but it's still a machine and we have to deal with errors with this printing device. There are many errors that can be of concern, including error 48. Brother 48 printer errors mean that the printhead cable or printed circuit board is damaged. This error code usually appears when your encoder strip is misplaced. You may be faced with a number of print gaffes, if the error is not fixed in time. You may encounter other error messages related to this error code. Because of this error, you may get the following error messages as well:
- Brother Printer Unable to Print
- Unable to Scan
- Brother Printer Unable to Clean and many more printer functionality issues.
Most of the Brother Printers displays this error. No matter what shapes or ranges printer you are using, this error may trouble you. The discussed solution will also help you to fix Brother error 48.
Solution 1: Look for a Brother Printer Paper Jam or Paper Scraps
- First, you need to disconnect your Brother printer.
- Use, open the scanner cover, and look inside the machine. Now, look for a paper jam or debris inside the printer.
- Make sure the paper does not block the print head. Move the printer left or right to check for debris.
- If the print head is already in the left side, move it to the middle. And now, look for foreign objects inside.
- Then close the scanner cover and replace the power plug in the machine. Erase the encoder strip if the error persists.
- If the print head is on the right side, replace the power cord on the printer.
- When the LCD shows "Cover is open", press and hold the Exit button for at least 5 seconds.
- When the print head returns to the middle, unplug the power cable.
- Remove any foreign object struck inside the printer.
- Close the scanner cover and replace the power cables in the wall outlet.
- If the problem persists, clean the encoder strip.
Solution 2: Cleaning of the Encoder Strip
- Remove all power cables from the printer and the wall outlet.
- Lift the scanner cover and locate the encoder strip.
- Use a dry lint cloth to clean both sides of the encoder tape
- Clean it carefully from left to right and repeat the process 2 to 3 times.
- When you have finished cleaning the encoder tape, close the scanner cover.
- Connect all power cables to the machine and look for the error.