There are several reasons why your Brother Printer Not Printing, so start with basics such as an error message or warning light on the printer. Make sure the paper is in the tray, check whether the ink or toner cartridge is empty, the USB cable is plugged in or the printer is connected to Wi-Fi.
And if it’s a network or wireless printer, try using a USB cable instead. Some Wi-Fi printers are unreliable in terms of their connection. Therefore, it is advisable to unplug your printer and any power line network adapter connected to it, then turn it back on all again.
STEP 1: Check the status of your Brother machine
- Make sure that your Brother machine is turned on.
- Check if the LCD display or LED indication of your Brother machine is not showing some error. If you find an error, find the solution in the Troubleshooting section.
STEP 2: Check the connection of your Brother machine and the computer
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable on from both ends. Disconnect both your computer and the brother device and then reconnect.
- We recommend that the USB cable you use supports the following specifications:-twisted pair cable -shielded -no longer than 6 feet long (2 meters)
- Verify that the cable is connected to the USB port on the machine and not a Network port, Line Jack, Ext Jack, Pictbridge port or any port other than USB port.
STEP 3: Check the printer driver settings
- Verify that the Brother printer in the list. If the Brother printer is not listed, the driver may not be installed properly.
- Make sure your Brother machine is set as Default Printer.
- Make sure that the printer status is not paused or offline.
- Delete all print jobs.
- Make sure that the correct port is chosen.
STEP 4: Try printing from another application
- Try printing from some other application. In case you are successful with printing from another application, there is a problem with the application you are attempting to use.
- Check the settings in the application and if the problem still continues, contact the application manufacture.
STEP 5: Restart your Brother printer and the computer
- Turn your Brother machine off and restart the computer. And then turn your Brother machine on again.
STEP 6: Reinstall the printer driver
- It’s possible that the printer driver is not installed correctly. Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
STEP 7: Make sure the Device Manager recognizes your Brother printer machine.
(only for Windows Users)
The printer does not print, or there is a printing error. ￼
- Check the USB cable; insure that it is plug in securely and that the cable will not damage.
- Check the RD Roll to verify that it is installed correctly. Remove and reinstall the RD Roll to insure that it is loaded correctly. As shown in the illustration below, the paper unrolls from the underside of the RD Roll.
- Ensure that the roll guides are touching the side of the RD Roll. Remove the RD Roll and adjust the side guides to lightly touch the edge of the roll.
- Is there enough paper on the RD roll to print the job? If not, replace the RD Roll.
- Ensure that the RD Roll compartment cover is closed securely.
- If there is a printer error or transmission error; turn the printer off and then on again to reset the unit.