In case of Printer Driver Error 6000, this is due to a large paper jam with pins, paper or other miscellaneous objects. You are unable to print and receive the Error 6000 message on the computer or printer display. Error 6000 means that there is a problem with the line feed (LF).
There are 3 common causes of this error
- The line break is scratched or smeared;
- small particles, debris or foreign matter are stuck in the BF reader;
- the line feed slot or sensor unit is defective.
Why Printer Driver Error 6000
- It occurs mainly when the printer’s paper feed tray prevents it from being opened in the event of an obstruction, usually in the form of dust or pieces of paper.
- This error code may also occur when the tray is not properly installed in the printer.
- This error can also occur when we try to give a print command of multiple papers at the same time.
- It may also appear on your system when the printer is surrounded by many documents.
- The Line power supply is scratched or stained.
- When a fault occurs in the sensor unit or in the line feed slot.
There are so many solutions to correct the 6000 error that some will be mentioned below. Follow these steps and you can get your solution to fix the 6000 error.
Procedure to solve this problem
- First, unplug your printer from the power switch and leave it for a few seconds in the same pause mode.
- Next, reconnect the power cord of your printer and turn it back on.
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds. Then press the “Stop” button twice.
- Repeat this procedure one or two more times.
- Now, release the “Power” button very slowly.
- Finally, press the “Stop” button four times.
- If the error occurs due to a line break with bands and bands, simply clean the split film “LF and EJ” with a solution “Non corrosive”.
- Error 6000 may occur due to particles, debris, or foreign matter stuck in the LF drive and by carefully removing the jammed object.
- Sometimes, if a component of the printer is defective, replace it. Defective components will include one or more of these elements, namely: LF / EJ split film sync sensor unit, LF / EJ, paper feed roller unit, logic board, and paper feed motor.
Using two different methods, a Canon printer user can easily resolve this error code 6000 from its device. But if, for some reason, the methods mentioned above do not work, it simply means that there is another problem with your printer. To solve your problem, you must now contact Canon Customer Support for a quick and accurate solution. Canon Printer Technical Support technicians can diagnose the problem in your printer online and guide you through the telephone troubleshooting process.