Downloading Canon printer drivers can be time consuming and confusing. Updating device drivers, such as those found in Canon printers, can also be tedious, especially when using multiple devices. At some point, most of your peripherals, including printers and computers, will need driver updates to keep them running smoothly. Manually updating device drivers takes time that you can not afford to lose in today’s fast world. Here’s how to download Canon printer drivers and save time with the help of drivers to manage all the updates of your drivers.
- Canon printers need to update drivers automatically, but sometimes not. It can be tedious to run the entire process yourself, especially if you do not know the latest technology.
- Canon printer models with certain operating systems require drivers. They can be included with your individual operating system. For some Canon models, determining how to download Canon printer drivers is a tedious exercise.
- You may want to download the driver support. In simple terms, just go to their website and download the software on your company’s computers. You will not have to worry about updating your Canon printer drivers.
You can manually download the Canon MX490 driver to your Windows computer. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Canon Drivers and Software Downloads page. In the search box, type “MX490”, click PIXMA MX490 in the search results, and then click OK.
- Click Drivers and Downloads. Under the Recommended Driver (s) section, click Select, and then click Download.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. That takes time.
If this method does not work for you, do not worry. There is something else to try.
Updating Canon Printer Drivers Using Device Manager
- Start Device Manager by holding down the Windows key and pressing the “R” key.
- Then type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box.
- Under “print queues”, locate your printer.
- Right-click on the listed Canon printer.
- Click Update Driver on the menu.
- Click “Auto Search” to get the updated driver software.
- Restart your computer.