Canon Printer Drivers For Mac
Apple provides third-party software for scanners and printers through the software update. Simply connect the printer or scanner to the Mac. If software is needed and available, OS X will download and install it automatically.
- If you have already tried to install a driver for your Canon printer, remove it from the printer and fax system preferences pane (in your system preferences), also access your hard drive (or SSD) and open Library> Printer, Recycle Bin. the Canon folder. Also in the same folder (Library> Printer), open the PPD folder and delete any files that reference the Canon printer you are installing. Of course, if you use another Canon printer, be sure to delete only the files belonging to the new one. Restart and empty the trash before proceeding to the second step.
- Unplug the printer.
- Download the latest driver here and launch the installer.
- When the package installation is complete, go to System Preferences by clicking on the Apple icon at the top right.
- You can now connect the printer and turn it on.
- Open the “Print and Fax” pane to open the Print and Fax preferences.
- Click the plus (“+”) button to the left of the window to add a printer. The name of your new Canon printer should appear in the list and you should be able to click on it. If this is not the case, repeat all the above steps and check that you have followed the instructions correctly and followed the link to obtain the latest driver for the Canon printer model you have and make sure you This is the most recent version for your Mac OS X system. If you still have problems, see the Troubleshooting section below.
- Click on the Canon printer model you are installing, then click “Choose a printer driver or model”, then click “Select Printer Software …” and choose your printer from the list . Then click on ok.
- Your printer should now be installed and operational.
Follow the steps below to uninstall the printer driver:
- In the Apple menu, open System Preferences.
- Open Print and Fax. 3.Make sure the printer you want to delete is highlighted in the Printers section.
- Click the minus sign (-), then click “OK” in the confirmation message. The printer is deleted.
- Double-click the hard disk icon where the printer driver was installed, the Library folder, the Printers folder, the Canon folder, and then put the BJPrinter folder in the trash.
- Double-click the Inbox folder in the Library folder and put the printer’s ‘.pkg’ file in the trash.
- Browse to the HD> Library> CFMSupport folder and drag “BJExtDDI.cfm” to the trash.
- In the Finder menu, select “Empty Trash”.
- In the Apple menu, select ‘Restart’.