One of the Google Chrome errors, coded as “Error 124”, can occur during the installation, startup or shutdown of the program, or during the installation of the Windows operating system. Even if cleaning all the unwanted files can be useful, it will not necessarily solve the whole problem. It can be easy to solve the problem if you know when and where the error occurs. So, here’s how to fix Chrome error 124.
What is Chrome install error 124?
“124” is the numerical value of the error, which means that it contains the information about the cause of the error. This code has a hexadecimal number and a technical description is linked to it. In some cases, this error may contain more parameters in the hexadecimal system, which indicates the location of the memory where the information was loaded during the duration of the error. The browser’s technical support staff can easily identify the error using code 124 and the description.
Causes of Chrome install error 124
- The Error 124 occurs due to many reasons, such as:
- Corrupted download or incomplete installation of the Chrome software;
- Corruption in the Windows Registry due to a Chrome related software change;
- Any malicious program deleted Chrome related files; or
- Virus or malware that corrupted system or Chrome files.
Steps to Fix the Chrome install error 124
Follow the steps below to fix Google Chrome error 124.
- Enter the Windows registry entries associated with the error.
- Run a full malware scan of your PC.
- Clean your junk mail.
- Update your PC device drivers.
- Use Windows System Restore to cancel recent system changes.
- Try to uninstall and reinstall the Chrome program (s) associated with the error.
- Run the Windows System File Checker.
- Install all available Windows updates.
If the error persists even after following all the troubleshooting steps above, perform a new Windows installation as a last resort. You can also contact our technical support team for advanced troubleshooting. This way, you do not have to compromise on the data stored on your computer.