Once your Chromecast is plugged in and turned on, you should see the Chromecast screen on your TV. If you do not see it, use the input or source button on your TV remote control to change the input until the Chromecast screen appears.
You need the following in order to use Chromecast:
- A TV/display with an HDMI input
- Access to an open power outlet or open USB port on your TV/display
- Access to Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4G network for Chromecast first generation or Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2.4/5G network for Chromecast second generation and Chromecast Ultra)
- Google Home mobile appon a compatible Android device or iOS device
- Chrome browser on a compatible Windows computer, Mac computer, or Chromebook computer
- Chromecast connect to TV
Once your Chromecast is plugged in and turned on, you should see the Chromecast screen on your TV. If you do not see it, use the input or source button on your remote to change the entry until the Chromecast screen appears.
- Download ‘Google Home’ app
You can purchase the app through the Google Play Store (if you use Android) or the Apple App Store (if you use an Apple device). The app will be preinstalled on most Android devices.
If you use Google Chromecast with a computer, you do not need to install the 'Google Home' app, because Google Chrome would easily perform this task.
Turn on the TV now and select the correct input. Although it is possible to go through the majority of the installation process without this.
- Select ‘Devices’ in Google Home
Select "Devices", an option you can get in the upper right corner of the screen. You can get a prompt at the bottom of the screen to set up a new device, so you can also click on it.
- Select ‘Set Up’
The Google Home app will set up Chromecast now. You have nothing to do now, except press "Continue" when prompted.
- Check the code against your TV
You will see one code at a time on the application and on the TV screen. If these codes match, select 'Yes'.
- Choose a name
You can select a name for your device and set the privacy and guest options.
- Connect Chromecast to WiFi
You must choose a network and connect to it by entering the correct password. This will be done on your mobile device. If you're using Chromecast Ultra, you can connect to the Internet through an Ethernet cable. Make sure Chromecast is connected to the same network as apps. If Chromecast does not connect to the Internet, check if you have entered the correct password or if the network is available.
- Sign into your Google Account
While this step is optional, if you sign in to your Google Account, you'll have full access to all of your YouTube content, as well as your movies, music, and TV shows that you have purchased.