What is Comodo Firewall Error 1638 ?
Run-time error 1638 occurs when Comodo Antivirus fails or hangs during execution, hence its name. This does not necessarily mean that the code was corrupted, just that it did not work while it was running. This type of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless it is processed and corrected.
Symptoms of Comodo Error 1638
- Runtime errors occur without warning. The error message may appear each time Comodo Antivirus is executed. In fact, the error message or another dialog box may appear again and again if it is not addressed early.
- There may be cases of deleting files or the appearance of new files. Although this symptom is largely due to a viral infection, it can be attributed to a run-time error, because infection with the virus is one of the causes of this error.
- The user may also experience a sudden drop in Internet connection speed, but this is not always the case.
Causes of Comodo Error 1638
- When designing software, programmers anticipate the appearance of errors. However, there is no perfect design because errors can be expected even with the best program design.
- Problems can occur during execution if a certain error is not encountered and addressed during design and testing.
- Runtime errors are usually caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also be due to a memory problem, an incorrect graphics driver, or a virus infection.
- In any case, the problem must be solved immediately to avoid other problems. Here are ways to remedy this error.
Solutions to solve Comodo Error 1638
Solution 1: Update Your PC Device Drivers
1638 errors can be related to corrupt or outdated device drivers. Drivers can work one day and suddenly stop working the next day, for a variety of reasons. You can often update the device driver to resolve Error 1638 problem.
- Open Start.
- Search Device Manager,
- Expand the category that you want to update.
- Right-click the device and select Update Driver.
- Click the option Automatically search for updated driver software.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Comodo Antivirus
- Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button.
- Click Control Panel in the right menu.
- Click Programs.
- Click Programs and Features. Comodo Antivirus under the Name column.
- Click the Comodo Antivirus.
- Click the Uninstall button from the top menu ribbon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall for your Error 1638 related program.
Solution 3: Close conflicting programs
When you receive a run-time error, keep in mind that this happens because of conflicting programs with each other. The first thing to do to solve the problem is to stop these conflicting programs.
- Open the Task Manager by simultaneously clicking Ctrl-Alt-Delete. This will allow you to see the list of running programs.
- Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End Process button.
- You will need to check if the error message reappears each time you stop a process.
- Once you have identified the program that caused the error, you can proceed to the next troubleshooting step, which is reinstalling the application.
Solution 4: Clean up your unwanted system (temporary files and folders) with Disk Cleanup
- Click on Windows + R at the same time
- Type “% temp%” or “prefetch”
- Press Enter
- Delete all files
You can also run Disk Cleanup
- Open your browser window and right-click on your main directory (this is usually C drive)
- Click Properties, and then click Disk Cleanup