Printers are very popular because they make the job much easier. The Lexmark printer is one of the best of them all. It is bought by most buyers because of its smooth operation. But sometimes, because of a troubleshooting problem or an outdated version of the driver, you may be faced with the problem of printer connectivity. Many customers have asked for the Lexmark printer solution that does not connect to the network. We offer you simple and easy solutions to solve your problem.
- Users can first connect their wifi printer to the power cable and next to the grounded electrical outlet through which the power can be transmitted.
- Users can then turn on the printer, then simply insert the software and documentation CD.
- Users can then click Install, then simply follow the instructions on the screen.
- Users will then be asked for a connection type in which they can simply choose or select a wireless connection.
- Users can then select the guided configuration in the Wireless Setup dialog box, and then temporarily connect a USB cable between the wireless network computer and the printer.
- Users can finally complete the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process and enjoy uninterrupted wireless services from their printer.
Method 1 – Restart everything
The first thing to do is to turn off your computer and turn off the printer. Continue and restart the wireless router by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and then plugging it back in. Then turn on the computer and then the printer. Allow everything to connect and try to print again.
Method 2 – Check Wireless Connectivity
The main thing to do is to print the network configuration sheet directly from the printer. There is usually a button or menu option that allows you to print the current state of the network. It will tell you if it is connected to the wireless network or not. If you see an IP address such as 169.254.x.x, it means that your printer is not properly connected to the network.
Method 3 – Download Driver
- Connect your Lexmark printer to the computer.
- Windows will automatically detect, recover, and install the software for you if you have a popular Lexmark printer model.
- Alternatively, go to the Lexmark Web site and click on “Support” or “Downloads” to access the section from which you can download the printer software.
- Enter the model number of your printer in the search box.
- Once you have located your printer model, select the Downloads, Printer Driver or Software option.
- Select your operating system.
- Make all other selections, including language, and then click Download to download the printer driver or software.
- Read and accept the license agreement and save the software to your hard drive.
- Now, locate the software you downloaded and double-click it.
- Select “Extract” to open the contents of the zip file into a new folder.
- Double-click on “Setup”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software on your computer.
- Select Install driver software.
- Accept the license agreement
- Click Continue until the selected connection type appears
- Click wireless connection and then yes
- Connect the printer to your computer when prompted.
- Click Finish to exit the program and restart your computer to apply the changes.
- Test the printer to make sure it works properly.