Dell Laptop Error 0142
Many Dell users are faced with codes such as 2000-0142, 2000-0151, "Hard Drive Not Installed", and Hard Drive Not Detected. There are also situations where the PC does not start at all without an error code. The Dell 2000-0142 error code occurs when the computer can not read the information from the hard disk correctly. When the drive on your computer is dead or damaged, you may encounter this error code.
- If the connection you are using with the hard disk to the motherboard is faulty or improperly configured, you will get this error code on your computer screen.
- The corrupted data or the MBR (Master Boot Record) of the hard disk may also be the cause of the error. This often crashes the computer.
- Frequent overheating of the computer may also create Dell 0142 hard disk error code.
Method 1: Replace the hard disk
If the methods mentioned above did not work for you, try this method. You can also solve the problem by replacing the hard disk drive, as the disk may experience a permanent failure. Therefore, you must examine the SSD (SSD) instead of the hard drive (HDD) and resolve the problem you are experiencing. Hard drives are more vulnerable to this failure because they use rotating platters and moving heads. Thus, replacing the hard drive with a new one will immediately remove the error.
Method 2: Run the Disk Recording Command Prompt Using the Windows Installation Disc
If you use a corrupted MBR, this method will help you recover corrupted data. Before you run the method, you must back up your data to a new disk. Perform the following steps to implement the process:
- First, you need to insert the Windows 7 installation disc into the drive, and then start your computer.
- Now you have to press F8 to start and then choose the DVD player.
- Next, you must select the language, time, currency, keyboard or input method. Next, you need to click on the Next option and then on the Repair your computer option.
- Finally, click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click the Next option.
- Now, in the System Recovery Options dialog box, you must click the Command Prompt option, and then type chkdsk / f / r or the command in the box. Now press the Enter key.
Method 3: BIOS Setup
You can overcome this error via the BIOS Setup option. So, to perform this step, you have to go to the BIOS option. When you start your computer, press and hold the F2 key to enter the BIOS setup menu. In this document, your installed hardware should be listed. Find your hard drive and enter the Diagnostics menu using the F12 key. From there, you can repair and detect the faulty hardware. Then you must search for the physical hard drive and connect it to the BIOS. This process can fix this error very easily
Method 4: Run Windows Troubleshooting
- First, click the Start button.
- In that, type 'Troubleshoot'. From the result, click the Troubleshooting option.
- Then, click the "Troubleshoot with Windows Update" button.
- To complete the troubleshooting process, click the Next option.
- Then, restart the Windows update and check whether the error persists or not.