Dell is one of the best printer vendors and is known for its user-friendly printers. If you have been using Dell printers for years, you may have experienced an ink cartridge error several times. The 1203 error is one of those errors that occurs on Dell printers in the event of a malfunction of the ink cartridges. These error messages related to ink cartridges can have many causes, such as an ink overflow in a new cartridge, a paper jam, and stained ink in the cartridge. We can help you to find the best and timely solutions to solve Dell Printer Error 1203 problem and fix it.
1) Clean the contacts on the cartridge w/ a damp cloth. Only do it in one direction so that you’re not smearing ink all over the contacts.
2) Disconnect and then reconnect the power cord from the wall and from the back of the printer. Wait for about 30 seconds, and then plug everything back in.
If this doesn’t work, you may need to replace the ink cartridges. You can always try it one more time just to be sure.
- With the printer turned on, open the front cover and remove both cartridges from the printer.
2. Power the printer OFF and unplug the power cable for 30 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and turn ON the printer.
3. If the error message is now cleared from the printer, please perform the “Self-Test” by following the steps below:
- Make sure the printer is in “Copy Mode.”
2. Press the “Menu” button once.
3. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Copies”.
4. Press the left arrow button once. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Tools”.
5. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Tools: Maintenance”.
6. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Maintenance: Ink Levels”.
7. Press the right arrow button until the screen reads “Maintenance: Print Test Page”.
8. Press the check button once. This will start the Self-Test. Once the page has printed, the printer will stop. The test is not continuous.