Discord installation has failed
Many people reported an error saying "Installation failed" when installing Discord. If you encounter the same error or if you are unable to install Discord, do not worry. You're not alone. The good news is that you can solve the problem.
Discord is an application specialized in text, image, audio and video for video games. It brings a fantastic experience to play video games.
Here, in this part of the article, we will provide you with all the possible solutions to help you solve the problem "The installation of Discord failed".
Go through the methods that are mentioned below.
Fix 1: Uninstall the Discord
At first, you should try to uninstall the Discord application from the device. The following steps will help you to uninstall the Discord application.
- First, open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the keyboard.
- Find the entry that is linked to Discord. You can find it in the Process section.
- Then complete the process and close the task manager.
- Open the Start menu and click on the search box. Then write "Control Panel" and press the Enter button.
- After opening the Control Panel Switch, the Category tab under Programs, click the Uninstall button.
- Locate the Discord application and click the Remove button to disable it from the device.
Fix 2: Delete the Local Data
You can solve the problem by deleting local data from the device. The following steps will help you to delete local data.
- First, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Win + R key from the keyboard.
- Write "taskmgr" in the dialog box that appears and click the Enter button.
- Discover the processes associated with Discord running in the task manager. After that, right-click on each of the processes and select End Task.
- Then, open the Run dialog box again, type "% LocalAppData%," and then press the Enter button.
- Find the name Discord in the list of results and click the Delete button.
- Restart the computer and see if the problem is resolved or not. If this method did not help you solve the problem, proceed to the next method.
Fix 3: Delete the Discord Folder
You can solve the problem by deleting the Discord folder. The following steps will help you to delete the Discord folder.
- Simultaneously press the Win + R keys on the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Write "% AppData%" and press the Enter key. Otherwise, you can click the OK button,
- After that, the file explorer window will appear on the computer screen. Right click on the Discord folder and click on the Delete button.
- Press the Win + R key on the keyboard again and invoke the Run dialog box.
- Write "% LocalAppData%" and click OK.
- Subsequently, a new window will appear on the computer screen. Navigate to the Discord folder and right-click on it. Then click on the Delete button.
- Restart the computer and check whether the problem persists on the system.
Fix 4: Update the Outdated Applications
Sometimes the problem may be due to the use of obsolete applications. You must update all applications by following the steps described here:
- First, open the special context menu by pressing the Win + X keys on the keyboard, then press the Enter button.
- Otherwise, click the Start button and right-click it. Then select the Windows Powershell (Admin) button.
- Write "cmd" in the Powershell console and wait a few minutes.
- Next, note the following commands in the cmd console window and press the Enter button on the keyboard: "wuauclt.exe / updatenow"
- You just need to run the orders for at least an hour. Then check if any updates have been found and / or installed successfully.