Many Windows 10 users get the message "Can not play. This item was encoded in an unsupported format 0xc00d5212 (0xc00d5212) "while attempting to play an .avi or .mp4 video file on Windows 10. The error code 0xc00d5212 is an annoying problem for anyone who wants to read videos or music via Groove, Xbox music or Windows Media Player. If Windows 10 can not play videos, do not worry, because today I will present some solutions to fix this error Code 0xc00d5212 on Windows 10, Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 7.
Solution 1: Make use of VLC Media Player
Many users have fixed error code 0xc00d5212 by simply replacing their default Windows Media Player with VLC Media Player. There are many file formats that Windows Media Player does not support. In this case, you must download and install VLC Media Player. Once the VLC installation is complete, right-click on the video that generated the error and open it with VLC Media Player. Now you will see that the file should be played correctly in VLC Media Player.
Solution 2: Updating the Display Drivers
If there is a compatibility problem for the display driver on your Windows 10, the error code 0xc00d5212 may appear. You can follow the steps to update the display drivers to try to resolve the problem:
- First, press the Windows key + type msc, and then press Enter to open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, locate the device on the graphics card and expand the driver icon.
- Click right on the driver icon and select Update Driver Software.
- Next, select Browse my computer for driver software
- Click Allow me to choose from the list of device drivers for my computer.
- Now select the driver option depending on the model of your device and the one installed.
- Finally, restart your computer and check if the error code 0xc00d5212 is corrected. If the error code 0xc00d5212 persists, you can visit the computer manufacturer's website to download and install the latest display driver or upgrade to the next solution.
Solution 3: Convert the Video File
When the video can not be played on Windows 10 and the error code 0xc00d5212 appears, it is likely that your file contains an incorrect codec. Many videos taken with a smartphone or other device may have a bad codec. This is one reason you can not play AVI videos. To resolve this problem, you must convert your video from one file format to another. To do this, install the Video Converter tool on your computer. Then, just select the file in the conversion tool and convert. Once the conversion process is complete, open the file with VLC Media Player and check if the error code 0xc00d5212 is resolved.
Solution 4: Correct the Registries
Changing the registry by yourself can be dangerous because the whole system depends on these registers. It is therefore recommended to use a professional tool capable of doing this work for you.
When it comes to computers, it's about taking things safely. So, a professional registry repair tool can scan your PC for registry entries and corrupted system