Download Dell Printer Driver
Dell printer drivers are small programs that allow your printer hardware to communicate with your operating system software. By keeping the Dell printer software up-to-date, you avoid outages and optimize hardware and system performance.
To make it compatible with your Windows operating system and work properly, you must download the driver for your printer and keep it up to date. You can find many ways to update drivers from the Internet. But very few of them are reliable. Some of them may include another useless or even dangerous attachment. If you upgrade your computer to Windows 10, if your Dell printer drivers do not work, you can resolve the problem by updating the drivers. Your printer driver may not be compatible with the newer version of Windows.
Perform the following steps to download a Dell driver from the Dell website:
- Login to http://www.dell.com/
- Go to the end of the page and click Driver and Downloads under the support option.
- Click Drivers and Downloads
- Select Choose from a list of all Dell products, and click Continue.
- Next, select the product for which you need a driver.
- Locate your product
- Click the Download file button next to the driver or software suite to download.
The drivers usually download as an EXE or ZIP file. When a driver downloads as an .exe file, simply double-click the .exe file. The EXE file installs the driver for you. If a driver is downloaded as a .ZIP file. Extract the content and save it to a folder on your desktop. Open the folder and see if there is a Setup.exe file. If you see a Setup.exe double click on it to run.
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type devmgmt.msc in the box and press Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Find and expand the dialog box. Then right-click on your Dell driver to choose Update Driver Software
- Click Search for the updated driver automatically.
- Windows will now find the update for your device automatically. Just follow the instructions on the screen to complete the update.
After downloading your driver, you will need to install it.
Driver updates are available in various file formats with different extensions. For example, you may have downloaded an EXE, INF, ZIP, or SYS file. Each file type has a slightly different installation procedure to follow.
Sometimes a "Printer driver is unavailable" error indicates the status of the driver software that is installed on a Microsoft Windows 10 computer. The software resides in Devices and Printers in the computer's Control Panel. The error occurs if the printer driver is not up-to-date, corrupted, or if Windows updates are not yet installed on Windows 10. You should first look at the driver or system. The error "The printer driver is unavailable" appears out of nowhere. To help you solve the problem under Windows 10,
- Click the Start menu and type update. Then click Check for Updates.
- Click Check for Updates.
- Windows will then install the updates automatically.
- When Windows has finished all the updates, restart your computer and try to print a file to see if your printer is working.
Error 1 - Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to be closed. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
The above error usually means that the installed printer driver is an older version.
solution: Select the Start button and select> Settings> Devices> Printers and Scanners> Related Settings> Devices and Printers.
Scroll through the list of devices to see if the name and icon of your printer appear in the Unspecified section. Once you know if your printer is in an unspecified state, follow these steps.
Step 1: Make sure your printer is on or connected
Step 2: Uninstall the printer driver, and then install it again. If even the printer does not work, follow step 3 otherwise, ignore it.
Step 3: Update the driver.
Error 2 – Spoolsv.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
The above error usually occurs when the installed printer driver is not compatible with your Windows operating system.
- Download the latest driver configuration file from the manufacturer's website or locate the previous operating system driver configuration file on your PC.
- Right-click the driver installation file, and then click Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab, select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, select Windows 10 Operating System from the drop-down menu, and proceed with the installation.
- When the driver is installed in compatibility mode, restart the PC for the actual changes to take place.
For more Dell Drivers, visit: