The problem of lack of sound on your laptop can be quite frustrating, especially if it happens on your brand new Lenovo device. However, there is no need to panic because the Lenovo laptop has no sound error, which is quite common among users. This may be why you have turned off the sound option and therefore this error occurs. After you upgrade your computer to Windows 10, if your Lenovo Sound / Audio drivers do not work, you can resolve the problem by updating the drivers. Your Sound / Audio driver may not be compatible with the new version of Windows.
There are several ways to get Lenovo sound drivers. But you can download Lenovo sound drivers that are incompatible or infected with viruses on the Internet. If you want to update the audio drivers for your Lenovo computer, here are two safe ways to download and update genuine Lenovo audio drivers for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows. XP.
- First, you must disable the automatic installation of the driver update in Windows 10.
- Follow the steps above in the linked publication, then open the Device Manager by pressing the Windows + X keys and select Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, navigate to Sound, Video, and Game Controllers> right-click Conexant SmartAudio HD or High Definition Audio IDT> Select Uninstall.
- Be sure to check the “Remove driver software for this device” box.
Method 1: Download and install the driver from Lenovo
- Enter the model of your computer in the search box and click on the search icon.
- Find the model of your computer.
- Select the Lenovo audio drivers that match your needs.
- Select the operating system.
- The Lenovo audio drivers for your system are displayed.
- Click on “Download file”.
- Save the file (exe.) And double-click the Lenovo Sound Driver files to install it.
- Restart your computer after the installation is complete.
How to install the drivers Once you have found the right driver, follow these simple instructions to install it.
- Turn off your device.
- Disconnect the device from your computer.
- Reconnect the device and turn it on.
- Double-click the driver download to extract it.
- If a language option is given, select your language.
- Follow the instructions on the installer screen.
- Restart your computer.
Method 2: Update the driver through Device Manager Follow these steps to install new audio drivers through the Device Manager.
- Simultaneously press the Win + R keys (Windows key and R key). A Run dialog box will appear. Then the Device Manager will open.
- In Device Manager, expand the “Audio, Video, and Game Controllers” category.Under this category, right-click the device name of your sound card (in this case, the sound card is Realtek Audio). A pop-up menu will appear. Then select Update Driver Software.