The 451 SMTP error will occur on a mail server if there is a local error from the mail server processing the message. This error can also be referenced 4.5.1. The error code may be visible from the mail logs on the mail server or in response to a message that generated the error.
Common reasons for email error 451
- The recipient mail server is overwhelmed and was unable to accept the message. Try again later.
- DNS error. Mail servers should verify they only receive mail from valid domains. Check SPF records of sending server. Verify sender domain resolve properly and is using a FQDN when initiating the EHLO handshake.
- If recipient mail server is using LDAP for mailbox lookups it may be unable to contact the LDAP server.
- Message has been blocked by anti-spam filter on receiving mail server.
Solutions to fix email error 451
Here are some of the best, easy and effective DIY methods that you can try to repair error code 451 on your PC.
To correct this error, follow these steps:
- connection to Linux SSH
- Open the file / etc / localdomains
- Nano / etc / localdomains, then add the domain name that causes the error to send the email.
- Now restart your PC
Hope that will solve the problem. However, if the error code persists, try other methods described below.
Method 2: Configure List Settings to change the server limit.
This can be done by going to List Settings, then Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), and then to the Limit function. By accessing the limit function, you can easily adjust the program to the limit of your choice. Configure the limit and save the changes. Restart the PC to activate the changes made.
Method 3: Scan and Remove Viruses.
This error code can also be triggered due to a viral infection. If this is the case, simply download an anti-virus on your PC.
Analyze the entire system and remove all detected malware such as Trojans, malware, adware, viruses and spyware. This will fix error 451 on your system.
If the error still persists, contact your SMTP provider to verify the situation and resolve the problem. It is possible that the error is generated from the end of the SMTP provider.