Epson Error Code 11
Epson is well known for its wide range of multifunction printers. However, these printers sometimes have errors. Among all these errors, Epson Scanner error 11 is common. The Epson Error Code 11 usually occurs for two possible reasons. First, if the ink cartridges are empty. Otherwise, improper ink cartridge installation may also be causing this problem. So, if you are dealing with Epson ET-4550 scanner error 11 and do not know what to do, this article will surely help you. Therefore, browse this content to learn how to escape this problem.
This particular issue is related to ink cartridges. Accordingly, there are 2 hacks you can try. Here are some fixes you can try to troubleshoot Epson error code 11. These are as follows.
Method 1: Replace the Epson Ink Cartridge with a New One
It is mentioned above that due to an empty ink cartridge thisError occurs. So, you need to replace your Epson ink cartridge with a new one to resolve this issue. Follow the steps below to do so
- At first, turn off your printer and open the cartridge gate from the top.
- Now, take out the cartridges from your printer carefully.
- After that, place your new cartridge gently inside the printer.
- Then, push the holder slowly.
- Wait till a clicking sound appears and then turn on the printer again. Don’t forget to take out the plastic cover of the cartridges before putting them in the printer.
- Finally, to be sure about the completion of this process, take a sample print out.
Method 2: Reinstall the Ink Cartridge in your Epson Printer
Epson scanner error 11 may also occur if you made a mistake while initially setting up your Epson ink cartridges. In this case, you must reinstall the ink cartridge to eliminate this error. Here are some worry-free solutions listed below to reinstall the ink cartridge.
- Turn off your Epson printer and remove all the cables.
- Take out the cartridges from the printer.
- Then, clean it properly with a clean cotton swab or a dry cloth. Hopefully, this will fix the issue. Scan or print a sample document to check if the error still persists.
- Now, place the cartridge again inside your printer gently within the accurate section.
- Press down the holder unit and wait until you hear a clicking sound from the printer.
- Place the scanner unit again to its respective position and then wait till the power light is stable. This will confirm the reset process.