The Epson printer error 0x97 is a warning when there is a problem with internal hardware. This may be caused by a motherboard failure or other internal parts. When this error occurs, it happens suddenly and your printers may stop printing or stop printing. Hardware solutions may require quick fixes. One way to find out is to try to troubleshoot the test.
Epson printer error 0x97 happens due to an internal hardware problem. There are some Epson models which are of this hardware problem where their motherboards will suddenly fail. You can not do much after you face a hardware issue. There are some mechanisms for the problem, but if you have already predicted, there is no permanent solution except for repair or restoration.
- Corrupted windows registry
- Inappropriate installation
- Corrupt system files
- Adware or spyware attacks
- The system not properly shut down
Follow the given instructions to fix the issue
Solution 1: Try Unplugging and Plugging-In Again
- Disconnect all connected cables
- Disconnect USB drivers
- Take out all printer cartridges
- Still switched off, push down the power to discharge all remaining power in the printer
- Plug in all cables and the USB peripherals
- Reinstall the printer ink cartridges
- Turn the power back on
- Check to see if the error message reappears
If the error persists, proceed to the subsequent method.
Solution 2: Unplug And Plug In Advanced Method
- Switch off the Epson printer and unplug it
- Detach all cables and USB peripherals
- Wait for Five minutes until the printer cools down
- Push and hold the power button for A minute. Don’t release it!
- Following A minute (DO NOT RELEASE), connect the power cord and hold for an additional minute
- Release the power button. See if the error message still appears
Solution 3: Clean Clogged Epson Printer Nozzles
Occasionally, users found that the correct resolution for this error was to clean the head of the printer only.
The last resort for this problem, is to contact the customer support.If you really have a hardware failure, there is virtually nothing you can do. Even repair costs will cost you more money than the printer, or at least in this situation you will not be economically profitable for yourself.
If the methods listed here, failed to give you the solution for Epson error 0x97, then you still don’t have your Epson printer working right. Further, if you think that you’re not good at doing these technical things yourself. Whatever it is, you will need an expert to look into your problem and to fix it. In that case, look no further. The tech support personnel at Epson Support have a lot of expertise and in-depth understanding of such cases. And with such experience and expertise, they will take the bare minimum time to solve this.