ERR_CONNECTION_RESET is an error that usually occurs when the site you are trying to visit can not establish a connection to the destination site. Your other sites may work, but some sites will not. There are several causes that can cause the problem. You must therefore follow each method and stop at the one that suits you.
In my experience, I have always noticed that this error resulted from changes to the registry, tcpip, or other network settings. This may happen without your knowledge, as it is usually modified by third-party programs, most often computer optimization software, but may also be due to an anti-virus or third-party firewalls.
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET is one of the most common Google Chrome errors. If you really want to know what is causing this error, check out the list of probable causes below:
- When your destination site can not establish a connection.
- When your destination site is experiencing server problems, such as high load or full use of resources. In this case, you can not resolve the problem because your destination site is down.
- In addition, this is usually due to third-party programs / software, plug-ins or extensions of your browser, or to antivirus / third-party firewalls.
- When you try to switch between your networks such as Mobile Data or WiFi.
- When the destination site reaches the maximum usage limit of resources.
Fix 1: Setup Maximum Transmission Unit
- First, you need to open the network connections. To do this, press Windows Key + R, this will open the Run dialog box. In the box, type "ncpa.cpl" and press the Enter key. This will open the network connections.
- After that, you must write the name of your active wireless network connection. It can be TAP or other.
- Now open the command prompt with the administrator's permission. To do this, press the Windows + X keys and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Run the command below in the cmd:
netsh interface sub-IPv4 gaming interface "Network connection name 4" mtu = 1472 store = persitent
Note: You must replace the network connection name with the name of your network adapter that you noted in step two. Press the Enter key after typing the command correctly.
5.After executing the command above, it is recommended to search for the error.
Fix 2: Reset IP Address
- Reopen the command prompt with administrator permission as shown in the fix above.
- After opening the command prompt, you must execute the command: netsh winsock reset catalog
- Press the Enter key to execute this command.
Fix 3: Clear the Browsers Cache
- Open the Google Chrome web browser and open the history panel by pressing Ctrl + H.
- After that, click Clear Navigation Data in the left pane.
- Here, you must confirm that the "start of time" is selected under "Cancel the following items".
- Also, tick-mark the following:
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other sire and plugin data
- Cached images and files
- Autofill form data
5. Then click Clear Browsing Data. This process will take a few minutes to complete.
6. Now leave the chrome and reboot your PC.