Error Code 0xc0000185 Windows 10
The error message explicitly states that this bug is related to startup configuration data, which has been corrupted or lacks crucial information. As a result, the system can not start unless the PC owner applies some solutions to restore missing or damaged data. The 0xc0000185 error does not occur exceptionally on the Windows 10 operating system. However, People reports indicate that Windows 10 PCs and laptops are the most vulnerable to this error.
In rare cases, a bug check alert "Your PC's boot configuration data is missing or contains errors" when a PC owner forces the system to shut down and then turn it back on. The error occurs during the boot process and does not allow you to start your Windows session at all. A BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) appears with the error code prompting you to repair your PC using Windows Setup.
Understanding Error 0xc0000185 is used to indicate that your computer can not access the required Windows files from the operating system on the hard disk drive. It simply means that your computer can not communicate with the hard drive or files, or that files are a problem.
Cause of error code 0xc0000185
- Drop the connection of the cable (s) connecting your system and the hard drive.
- Boot Missing or damaged boot files.
- Error in the disk drive.
- Drive Disk of damaged disk.
Solution 1: Remove the newly installed software
In rare cases, this problem can be caused by incompatible applications and programs. So, if the 0xc0000185 error occurs just after installing the new software on your computer, uninstall the corresponding software and check if the problem persists.
Solution 2: Repair your computer using the Windows installation
- Insert a DVD / Setup Key or a Windows 10 or Recovery DVD.
- Start from disk to access the configuration screen.
- On the Windows Setup screen, click Next.
- Click on repair your computer
- In advanced startup options, click Troubleshoot
- Click Advanced Options and choose Auto Repair.
Solution 3: Use system restore
- Press the Windows key> tap Create Restore Point> Select Create Restore Point.
- In the System Protection tab, use the System Restore button.
- Click Next.
- Select a system restore point in the list.
- Click Next
- Click Finish to start the restore process. Windows restarts at the end of the process.
Solution 4: Check the connected wire correctly or the faulty equipment
This error may be caused by a device connected to your computer or by one of the main components of your PC. This will prevent Windows from starting, especially if it is one of the main components needed for startup.
- To check if the problem is with your equipment, disconnect everything connected to your computer except your mouse and keyboard. If the computer starts, one of your external devices is causing the problem.
- It is quite possible that internal components such as your hard drive are faulty, which prevents the computer from starting normally. The cause is usually a bad hard drive, so make sure your computer is examined by someone.
This is the basic way to solve the problem. Because a minor problem can cause serious damage. To run the method, open the CPU and verify that all the wires are connected to the hard disk. Also check the system components, such as the power supply, the expansion cards are correctly placed or not.