Error install 2503
Error 2502 or Error 2503 appears when you try to uninstall or install a program. The error may trigger one of the following notices on your screen. This guide contains two methods that will help you solve this problem. Here is what the error can say:
- The installer encountered an unexpected error while installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2503.
- The installer encountered an unexpected error while installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2502.
To fix the issue, follow the two methods below.
Method 1: Uninstalling
To uninstall a program that causes the above errors, we must first locate and identify the .msi file used.
- Hold down the Windows key and press R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type C: \ Windows \ Installer, and then click the OK button.
- Right-click anywhere in the empty space and select View -> Details.
- In the detail view, you will see columns. Right-click anywhere on the column bar and select More.
- Locate and check the Subject field and click OK.
- Click the Object column to sort the program names in alphabetical order. Then identify the .msi file associated with your program.
As the picture below shows, we have "Microsoft Games for Windows Live". Now, press the Windows key and in the Windows tile mode, type cmd - right click cmd and select Run as administrator.
In the black command prompt that opens, type
C: \ Windows \ Installer \ nameofthemsi.msi
This will allow the installer to run and you should now be able to uninstall the program.
Method 2: Installing & Uninstalling
- Now hold down CTRL + ALT together and press Esc while holding them.
- Right-click Windows Explorer and select End Task.
- Click File at the top and select Run a new task.
- Type explorer.exe and click OK. (check the box "Create this task with administrator privileges"