Once the installation is complete, you will be prompted to activate your product. Several methods are available to activate your product. The availability of a particular activation mode in the activation window may depend on the country and distribution media (CD / DVD, ESET web page, etc.)
- If you have purchased a version of the boxed product, activate your product with a license key. The license key is usually located on the back or side of the product packaging. To succeed, it is necessary to enter a license key as intended for activation. License Key – A unique string in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX or XXXX-XXXXXXXX used to identify and assign a license to the owner of the license.
- If you want to evaluate the ESET NOD32 Antivirus before buying it, select a free trial. Enter your email address and country for active ESET NOD32 antivirus for a limited time. Your test license will be sent to you by email. Each client can be enabled only for test permissions at a time.
- If you do not have a license and want to buy one, click on the purchase license. This will redirect you to your local ESET distributor’s website.
You must uninstall any previously installed antivirus software from your system before installing your ESET product (uninstaller for common antivirus software). When finished, go to Part II to install your product.
If you have a CD, insert it into your computer (if the installation does not start automatically, click Start → Computer, then double-click the ESET disk icon) and proceed to Part II. If you do not have a CD drive, follow the steps below to download your product:
- Insert the CD included in your boxed retail product into your computer. If the installation does not start automatically, click Start> Computer, and then double-click the ESET disk icon. Click Install on the Start screen.
- The ESET NOD32 Antivirus installation window opens. Click Next to continue.
- Select I accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- In the Install Mode window, select Typical (Best Recommended Settings), and then click Next.
- In the ESET Live Grid window, select I agree to participate in ESET Live Grid (recommended), and then click Next.
- In the Detect Potentially Unwanted Applications window, select your preferred option, and then click Next.
- In the Ready for Installation window, click Install to continue.
- In the Completing the ESET NOD32 Antivirus Installation Wizard window, click Finish.
- In the Product Activation Type window, select Activate with Activation Key (Recommended), and then click Next to continue.
- In the Activate with activation key window, complete all required fields. When finished, click Next to continue.
- If you enter the activation key correctly, your ESET security product will automatically download the latest virus signature database. The installation is complete.