ESET Antivirus Mac
If your Mac is safe, then why is it important to make it even more secure? Online threats do not just threaten your computer, but can also be your carrier of Apple device malware that spreads in your friends and family. ESET Cyber security is designed to be smart and clean, just like your Mac. Supported by advanced Threatsense Scanning Engine, ESET has active protection in cyber security, an intuitive user interface, and seamless running solutions in the background.
- On demand and scheduled scans for your various storage devices, including Time Machine archives
- Drop files and folders into the ESET dock icon or open window for a quick scan.
- Proactive detection of Mac and Windows viruses, spyware and other threats, using ESET's ThreatSense technology
- Small and non-invasive updates
- Intuitive and familiar OS X look and feel
- Scanning of shared folders for virtual machines (e.g. Parallels Desktop, VMWare Fusion, or Bootcamp)
- Scans removable media, including USB drives, CDs and DVDs, memory sticks, etc.
- Advanced setup for power-users to control scan depth, set file, folder or volume exclusions, set level of heuristics, and much more
Safe Made Safer
ESET Cybersecurity adds an extra layer of detection to OS X Internet security features:
- Blocks any attempts to infect your Mac or steal your personal information.
- Eliminates threats to your Mac from email and removable media, such as USB, FireWire, CDs, and DVDs.
- Protects your Mac from malicious third party applications.
- Eliminates PC Viruses, too
While sharing music, videos, or other files, it is possible that they contain viruses that are not threats to Mac but need to be removed for protecting your friends, family, and others who receive files from you. ESET Cybersecurity fits Windows, Linux and OS X malware in realtime.
ESET Cybersecurity will not slow your Mac. Full disk scans run smoothly in the background and security updates are automatic. Now, you can create annoying pop-ups or compromises for productivity, without work, play, explore and recession.
ESET Cybersecurity is easy to install and setup, providing tips on how to solve intuitive dashboard display features and security hazards. By seamlessly integrating with your Mac, ESET Cybersecurity works quietly in the background with less memory usage and with minimal alerts.
- Download the ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac installer.When you finish downloading the installed package it will appear in the downloaded folder.
- To begin installation, double-click the install package and then double-click the Install icon from the ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Install Disk window.
- Click Continue to launch the Installation Wizard.
- Click Open and then click Continue if you are prompted again.
- Read the Introduction and then click Continue.
- Read the Read Me page and then click Continue.If you want to print or save important information that is displayed on the Reading page, click Print ... or Save ... respectively.
- Carefully read through the Software License Agreement. To print or save a license agreement, click Print or Save respectively. Click Continue and then click Agree when prompted to agree to the License Agreement. If you click Disagree, you will exit the installer and installation of ESET NOD32 antivirus for Mac is incomplete.
- Select the Installation Mode for your ESET security product. You can choose either general or custom installation mode. We recommend choosing a particular installation mode because its pre-configured settings provide maximum protection with favorable functionality. Choose Custom Installation Mode if you want to configure your own settings. Click continue to proceed.
- On the next page, enter your ESET-provided Username and Password and click Continue.
- Set parameters for ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System reporting. Net initial warning system gives new warning and warns to ESET researchers that improve the defense. Select ThreatSense.Net Enable initial warning system to activate ThreatSense.Net reports. Click Continue.
- In the Detection of potentially unwanted applications window, select your preferred option and click Next.
- Read the installation details on the Installation Type page. Click Install to install your ESET security product. You will need to enter your Mac OS name and password. The ESET installer will prompt you to continue installation after you enter your administrator username and password. Click Continue.
- Installation may take a few minutes to complete. After the installation is completed, the ESET NOD32 antivirus will appear next to your system clock for the MAC icon. If you want to open a main program window, click on the icon.