ESET NOD32 Antivirus Error 2350 problem usually occurs when users try to install ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32. To avoid future problems, correct the 2350 ESET NOD32 Antivirus error by using professional support from ESET Customer Support. Users will receive an error message displayed in the form “CAB”, which requires immediate support to resolve this corrupted problem as soon as possible. We describe below the steps to follow to solve the problem as quickly as possible.
- Error 2350 appears and blocks the active program window.
- Your PC crashes frequently with error 2350 when running the same program. Eset Error 2350 is displayed.
- Windows is slow and reacts slowly to the mouse or keyboard.
- Your computer hangs periodically for a few seconds at a time.
These 2350 error messages can appear during program installation, when a ESET-related software (eg, ESET NOD32 Antivirus) is running, starting or shutting down Windows, or even when installing the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your 2350 error occurs is essential information in solving the problem.
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of ESET NOD32 Antivirus software.
- Windows registry corruption following a recent software change associated with ESET NOD32 Antivirus (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware that has corrupted the Windows file or program files that are related to ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- Another program has deleted files related to ESET NOD32 Antivirus either by malicious intent or by mistake.
Runtime errors such as “Error 2350” may be due to various factors. It is therefore important to solve the problem to prevent it from happening again.
Follow the instructions given by the ESET Customer Service team to resolve this problem easily and continue with your installation. Start with solution 1 and go to solution 2 if the problem persists.
Solution 1: Download a new ESET installation package
Download the ESET installation package for your ESET security product from a trusted website or simply click on one of the links you find useful. Click the “Save” button when prompted and save the file to your desktop.
After the file is saved to the computer, try locating and double-clicking it to retry the installation process. If users receive the same error message, the Windows Installer service may need to be re-registered. Go to the next solution if the first one does not seem to work properly
Solution 2: Re-register your Windows Installer service, an alternative to the first
The Windows Installer service will add, modify, and delete all the applications provided in an .msi package message. To correct the registration entry for Windows Installer, users are expected to follow all the steps below:
- Click the “Start” button and then run and type the cmd command. Press the “Enter” button now.
- Enter the commands below by pressing Enter after each of them:
- MSIExec / unsubscribe
- MSIExec / regserver
- Restart the computer now