ESET NOD32 Error 2878
Run-time error 2878 occurs when ESET NOD32 Antivirus fails or hangs during execution, hence its name. This does not necessarily mean that the code was corrupted, just that it did not work while it was running. This type of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless it is processed and corrected. Here are the symptoms, causes and ways to solve the ESET NOD32 Error 2878.
- "Error 2878" appears and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 2878 when running the same program.
- “The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package” is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
These 2878 error messages can appear during program installation, when a ESET-related software (eg, ESET Smart Security) is running, starting or shutting down Windows, or even while of the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your 2878 error occurs is essential information in solving the problem.
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of ESET Smart Security software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent ESET Smart Security-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or ESET Smart Security-related program files.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted ESET Smart Security-related files.
Runtime Errors such as “ESET NOD32 Error 2878” can be caused by a variety of factors, so it is important that you troubleshoot each of the possible causes to prevent it from recurring.
To workaround this issue, the existing port bindings can be removed or edited and then changed back after the install is complete.
- Open the IIS Manager:a) Open the Control Panel.
b) Click Administrative Tools.
c) Click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In IIS Manager:a) Expand the machine on the left panel.
b) Expand Sites.
c) Left-click Default Web Site.
- a) On the right side of the window left-click the "Bindings..." and a new window opens called "Site Bindings". Look down the list in the new window for any bindings on the same port number.b) Take note of the Site Bindings settings. It may be necessary to put any changed or removed bindings back as they were after the install is completed.
- Select any bindings with the same port number and change them to a different port or remove them.
To remove the binding:a) Left-click the binding in the list.
b) Click 'Remove' to delete the binding.
- • To edit the binding:a) Left-click the binding in the list.
b) Left-click 'Edit'.
c) Enter a different port.
d) Click OK.
e) Click the Close button to close the Site Bindings window.
- If there are any other web sites, repeat steps 2 through 4 to make sure that there are no duplicate bindings with the same port number and that the different sites don't have any bindings on the same port number as another site.
- Complete the install of the Web Adaptor. There should be no error during install. If there is an error, please repeat steps 2 through 5 and verify that no two sites have the same bindings and that no site has multiple bindings on the same port.
- If necessary, go back into IIS Manager and change the port bindings back to their previous state.