Eset Nod32 Quick Scan
Often anti-virus and anti-malware programs offer three types of scans:
- Quick Scan only checks the areas of your computer most likely to contain malware.The most common and common places where malware usually hides. For a quick scan, the length of time will be different but it usually takes about 15-30 minutes so that they can be done daily.
- Full Scan is much more comprehensive since it scans the entire hard drive (all folders/files) which can number in the thousands. The length of the time will also be different for a complete scan, but since it is so widespread, this type of scan can take several hours. Most of the scans can be planned to run late at night without using a computer so that you can scan a weekly without having to check it.
- Custom Scan allows the user to select any files and folders on the hard drive to be scanned.
ESET Quick Antivirus Scanner can detect and remove malware on your PC with a powerful and user-friendly tool. ESET's Quick software uses the same AV engines and signatures as it’s flag-ship products, ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus, yet it runs directly from your web browser.
Key features include:
- Enhanced Browser Support: Run scans in your favorite browser, such as Safari, Firefox, Chrome or Opera.
- Destination Scanning: Select specific files or folders for quick scanning.
- Anti-Stealth Technology: Detect and clean hidden threats automatically from your system with ESET’s anti-rootkit technology, built on a key component of ESET's Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus programs.
- Quarantine: Delete or quarantine infected files into a special folder, where they no longer pose a threat to your system. Quarantined files can also be restored.
ESET Quick Antivirus Scanner is quite configurable. You have the option to really improve your scans with some settings. It also allows you to change the area that scans ESET scans on your hard drive. For each scan, you can customize different aspects to meet your needs, such as: If you find it, you will need to remove threats or scan them for unwanted or unsafe applications or scan them. Overall, ESET Quick Antivirus Scanner is a reliable tool that uses powerful antivirus engines. It's easy to use and there's a simple web interface that's easy to navigate.
- One-click activation
- Scan your PC with one simple click and without having to register any contact information.
- Comprehensive detection
- Find both known and unknown viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, phishing, and other internet threats.
- Always up-to-date
- Uses the most current threat detections and heuristic detection algorithms available from ESET's Threat Lab.
- In-depth scanning
- Scan archive files to find hidden malware.
In any case, you only need to scan your boot sector, here's how to go with ESET NOD 32
- Open your Antivirus
- Click on the Computer scan tab
- Select "Custom Scan"
- Click on C:\ to expand the different locations (Uncheck the box near the latter)
- Check the box next to "Boot sector"
- Click on the "Scan button".
- Note that as "Scan profile" you can leave it as "In-depth scan"