Psapi.dll uses the DLL file extension, also known as Process Status Helper file. This is a Win32 DLL file (dynamic link library) created for Microsoft Windows Operating System by Microsoft. The first version of psapi.dll for Windows Vista was introduced on 11/08/2006 in Windows Vista. The most recent version [version of file 10.0.15063.0 (WinBuild.160101.0800)] was introduced on 07/29/2015 for Windows 10. Psapi.dll is included in Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and 8.
Psapi.dll errors can occur in different ways on your computer. Here are some of the most common ways to view psapi.dll errors:
- “Psapi.dll not found”
- “This application failed to start because psapi.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.”
- “[PATH] \ psapi.dll not found”
- The file psapi.dll is missing.”
- “Can not start [APPLICATION].” A required component is missing: psapi.dll.
Please install [APPLICATION] again. ” Psapi.dll error messages can occur when using or installing certain programs, when Windows is started or stopped, or even when you install Windows.
Causes of Psapi.dll Errors
Psapi.dll errors are related to psapi.dll files. Since Psapi.dll is an external file, it provides an excellent opportunity to be something undesirable. Psapi.dll can corrupt your PC due to an improper shutdown or virus, which can cause DLL errors. When your psapi.dll file is corrupted, it can not be loaded correctly and an error message appears. The second time, psapi.dll errors can be related to problems in the Windows registry. A broken DLL file reference can prevent your DLL file from entering properly so that you get psapi.dll error. These damaged registry keys can cause software installation or uninstallation of the missing DLL file or missing DLL file, or a left DLL file reference in your Windows registry.
How to fix psapi.dll errors in the following steps
Step 1: Restore your computer to the last restore point, “snapshot” or backup image before an error occurs.
To start the system restore (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10):
- Press the Windows Start button
- When the search field appears, type “System Restore” and press “Enter.”
- In the search results, find and click System Restore.
- Please enter the administrator password (if applicable / requested).
- Follow the steps in the System Restore Wizard to choose a relevant restore point.
- Restore your computer to this backup image. If step 1 does not resolve the psapi.dll error, go to step 2 below.
Step 2: Perform a Windows update.
- Press the Windows Start button
- In the search field, type “Update” and press “ENTER”.
- In the Windows Update dialog box, click “Check for Updates” (or a similar button, depending on the version of Windows).
- If updates are available for download, click “Install Updates”.
- When the update is complete, restart your PC.
Step 3: Remove or restore Psapi.dll from the Windows Recycle Bin.
This may seem like a clear or ridiculous step, but it is very possible that your psapi.dll has been deleted by accident. Therefore, to see if it is there, it is advisable to check your trash.
- Double-click on the trash icon.
- In the upper right-hand corner, search for psapi.dll.
- If the psapi.dll file appears in the search results, select it and move it to the following directory:
- Windows 95/98 / m = C: \ Windows \ System 32 \
- The Windows NT / 2000 = C: \ Windows \ System 32 \
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 = C: \ Windows \ System 32 \
- 64-bit Windows = C: \ Windows \ System32 \
- After moving your psapi.dll file, restart your computer.