Flagship Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop Driver
The Flagship Dell Inspiron 15 3000 is a new series of affordable 15.6 “laptops. It is aimed at home users, students and alike. The 15 3000 is characterized by a slim and elegant 1 “square design with black matte surfaces and chiclet-style keyboard keys.The 3542 models are based on Intel computing technology, unlike the 15 3000 3541 with AMD technology.
The 3542 processor options available in the official Dell web store are the Intel Celeron 2957U as the most basic option and the Intel Core i3-4010U as a midrange solution. The laptop should also be available with the most powerful Core i5 and i7 chips. In fact, it is available with the i5, but on models sold through retailers. The 1366 × 768 pixel screen is powered by graphics processors integrated into the main CPUs. These are the Intel HD series in Celeron and HD 4400 in the main parts. The latter is much better for games, although it is not a game solution at all.
Optionally, the Dell 3542 will also be marketed with the Nvidia GeForce 820M and 840M dedicated, which will bring more graphics but will not yet enter the category of games. Touch screen is optional. The traditional entrance is provided through a spacious keyboard with numeric keypad and trackpad with integrated mouse buttons. The keyboard is splash resistant, according to the manufacturer. That’s a rare feature in budget laptops. In the official documentation, Dell says that the 3542 is optionally offered with keyboard backlighting, but we could not find that option anywhere. Hopefully, it will be available at a later date. The keyboard backlighting is also a fairly unique feature in the budget class segment.
To install the driver manually, follow these steps:
The driver files are packaged in a single executable file. Before starting, extract the files first.
- Press the Windows key and letter R (at the same time). An execution dialog will appear. Type devmgmt.msc in the execution box and click OK.
- Expand the categories and locate the device for which you need to update the driver. Right click on the name of the device. A contextual menu will appear. Select Update driver software in the menu.
- Following screenshot is for your reference
- Click on Find my computer for the driver software.
- Then click Allow me to choose from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Click on Have Disk.
- In the Install from Disk dialog box, click Browse to navigate to the folder where you extracted the driver files. Locate an .inf file for the device driver that you want to install and then click Open. In general, the .inf file is in one of the following folders: In the same folder as the installation program.
- A subfolder that is in the folder that contains the installation program. In general, the subfolder has a name like Windows 7, Drivers or Win7.
- Follow the steps in the Update Device Name dialog box of the driver software to update the driver.
- Operating System- Windows 10 Home Single Language
- WARRANTY- Warranty-1 Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, In Home Service after Remote Diagnosis-Retail
- Display Size (in inches) -15.6 Inch
- Screen / Display Type- 6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD
- Maximum Resolution (in Pixels)- 1366 x 768
- Processor-5th Gen Core i5
- CPU Speed (in GHz)-(3M Cache, up to 2.70 GHz)Architecture
- AntiVirus- McAfee Security Center 15 Months
- Type-DDR3L 1600Mhz
- Size in GB-4GB
Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- HDD Type-SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
- Hard Disk Drive (Storage)-1 TB
Graphic Card Details
- Graphic Card Model-920M DDR3
- Optical Drive-Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
- Webcam-HD (720p) capable webcam, microphone
- Speaker-2 tuned speakers with Waves Maxx Audio processing
- Type of Batteries-Cylindrical
- Lithium Battery Energy Content (in Watt-Hours)-40
- Number of Lithium ION Cells-4
- Wireless-Dell Wireless-N 1705
- Bluetooth-Bluetooth 4.0
- Connectivity-Dell Wireless-N 1705 @ 2.4GHz + Bluetooth 4.0