G Data Antivirus Update
G Data Antivirus Update is also true that if you disable updates or have computers that are constantly disconnected and not connected to the Internet, virus definitions will quickly become obsolete and your computer will become more vulnerable. In addition, you may not be able to use the Internet during or after a malware attack to update the antivirus signatures. They must be as up-to-date as possible to have the best chance of eliminating threats.
- Open your G Data software.
- The upper right of the screen shows you the current status of your virus signatures.
- You can see the last time they were updated, as well as the next time an automatic update will take place. To trigger a manual update, click the small button in the form of a pair of rotating arrows in the upper right corner of the virus signature panel, as shown below.
- The virus signatures will now be updated.
- When the update is complete, close the window.
If one of your computers is not connected to the Internet, you can also update GData’s virus database via offline update. You can not download the latest version of the virus database from GData. You must export the database from a PC with GData in order to import it back to the desired PC. Depending on the version used, the following instructions may differ slightly
- Launch the anti-virus software from GData on a PC with Internet connection and open the “Settings” menu.
- Go to the “AntiVirus” category on the left side and select the “Updates” point.
- If you click the “Import / Export Virus Signature” button on the right, another window will open.
- Select the location of the virus database here and complete the process.
- Transfer the stored database with a USB key to the second computer without an Internet connection.
- Do the same thing. After clicking on “Import / export of virus signatures”, you can now import the database from the USB key.
Before starting a program update, it is advisable to close all your other applications
- When a new program update is available, you will be notified by a message at the bottom right of your Security Center.
- To start the update, click on the text “Update available program”.
- Confirm your choice by clicking Yes.
- The update will be downloaded first.
- Once the download is complete, you will be asked to install it. This will temporarily shut down your software. Click OK.
- At this point, Windows can warn you that your antivirus is disabled, you can ignore this message because it will be reactivated in a few seconds.
- The update will be installed.When finished, you will be asked to restart your computer. Click “Yes, restart the computer now”.
- You now have the latest software version of G DATA.