Google Error 495
Are you looking for solutions to fix error 495 in the play store? You are in the right place. You may want to download an application or game on your Android phone. But, it shows this error code. Do not worry. You can remove it easily from your phone. Error code 495 occurred while trying to download apps or games from the Google Play Store via WiFi. When downloading the same applications with mobile data, it seems to work well in my case. Do not worry, the fix for error 495 is quite simple and many users have applied the solutions successfully.
Android apps are most often downloaded from the Google Play Store using Wi-Fi or Cellular Data. There may be several types of errors. Typically, errors occur during the download, update, or installation. Error 495 occurs when the user can not download or install an application via Wi-Fi, but is able to do the same thing with cellular data. Technically, the problem occurs when the connection to the Google Play servers, where the application is hosted, times out. Who is unable to solve for himself.
After doing all the required research, we discovered three main methods to resolve error 495 from the Google Play Store.
Method 1: Clear the Google Play cache
This is the "classic" method to get rid of such an error because it works in most cases.
- Go to Settings> Apps and open the list with all your apps.
- Search for the Google Play Store, open it, and tap Clear Data and clear the cache.
- Go back to the list of apps and search for Google Service Framework.
- Clear the data and clear the cache for this application also
- Return to the Play Store and see if the error reoccurs.
It does not work? Try the second method!
Method 2: Delete your account
- Go to System Settings> Account> Google and delete your Gmail account.
- Go to Settings> Apps> All and find the Google Play Store.
- Click on it and look for Clear Cache and Clear Data. Tap on them.
- Also press Force Stop.
- Repeat the previous two steps for Google Service Framework and Download Manager.
- Go to Settings> Accounts> Google and add your Gmail account again.
- Restart your phone or tablet
- Return to the Play Store and try to install an app to see if the error 495 from Google Play Store appears again.
If that does not work, go to the next one.
Method 3: Install a VPN
- Install the Hideman VPN app from the Play Store (if you're lucky enough and it works) or install the .apk directly
- Open the application and select the United States as the country of connection.
- press connect
- Open the Play Store and see if the error persists