The Google Play Store allows us to download and enjoy all kinds of applications. However, various errors also occur from time to time, which is quite embarrassing. Now, you have just encountered error 492 when trying to update the application. You definitely want to fix this 492 error as soon as possible and you are on the right page. Here, in this guide, we collect 6 solutions to correct the error. Let’s go.
Before beginning to correct the error, first check the causes you may want to know. Typically, Google Play Error 492 occurs when a user tries to update or download apps. And here are four reasons why this problem occurs.
- Problem The problem of cache files.
- Problem with the application itself.
- ProblemYour gaming store account problem.
- Card SD card corrupted.
Solution 1. Restart Your Device
It’s a simple way to try when you have a phone problem.
Solution 2. Clear the Data and Cache
- Go to Settings> Applications / Application Manager> All.
- Find out Google Play Store> Tap Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- Repeat the same process for Google Play services.
Solution 3. Reinstall the App
If you download the app for the first time, you can stop the download> close the Google Play Store and also quit it> open the Play Store again to reinstall the app.
If you are trying to update an application, you can press the OK option to close the error dialog> uninstall application> reinstall it completely from the beginning.
Solution 4. Re-Add Your Google Account
- Go to Settings> Accounts> Google Account.
- Choose Delete Account> Re-enter your Google Account.
Solution 5. Reinstall Google Play Store Updates
Go to Settings> Applications or App Manager> Google Play Store> Tap Uninstall Updates> Tap OK to confirm> Go to the Home screen and open Google Play Store and wait for the update.
Solution 6. Format SD Card
If the application on your SD card tells you the error 492, it is very likely that your SD card is corrupted. Then you can choose to format your SD card to fix error 492, but remember to save your important data on the SD card beforehand.
- Go to Settings> Storage> SD Card Option.
- Choose SD card or Format SD card> Confirm erase.