The 923 error is reported by the Google Play Store for Android devices when a problem occurs while downloading a new application or upgrading the one already installed on your phone. Users facing this problem can simply delete it by clearing the cache and data from the Play Store on their Android device. The message displayed by the device looks like “The application” could not be downloaded due to an error. (923) “or” The update for ‘app’ could not be downloaded due to an error. (923) “Of course, the app can be any application on your smartphone.
Method 1: Clear Cache and Clear Data in Google Play Store
The problem comes mainly from the cache and stored data. Clearing the cache or data can solve the problem of clearing the cache and Google Play Store data. You must follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings -> Click Application Manager or Applications -> Open all applications.
- You will have a list of apps on the right side from this find Google Play Store App
- You must click the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons as shown in the image below.
Method 2: Clear Cache and Data for Google Service Framework
Follow the same steps as in the tutorial above and in the third step instead of opening the Google Play Store App, you need to search for Google Service Framework, then follow the steps mentioned below
- After consulting the list of applications, search for Google Service Framework.
- Then in the box on the right side of the screen, click the Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons.
In most Samsung devices, HTC, LG, Motorola, Micromax, etc., the error 923 will be solved, but if the error persists, you must try this last radical step which will surely solve the problem.
Method 3: Reset APP Preferences
This tip has worked according to some users and here is how you need to reset the app’s preferences on your Android device to fix error 923.
- Go to Settings, and then tap Apps.
- You can now see the list of applications on your device.
- Press the Menu key on your Android device.
- This will bring a dialog box with the Reset Preferences option of the application to be selected.
- You must press the Reset Applications option again.
Method 4: Remove Gmail Account from Play Store and Add it again
Sometimes the associated Gmail account may also be the problem of error 923 to which we must follow the steps described below to solve it. This is the final solution for error 923 in the Play Store.
- Open Settings -> then select the accounts that can be seen at the bottom -> Now click Google
- Click Delete Account on the page that will be displayed at the bottom right or top left of the page next to the Cancel Sync button.
- Now, go back to the Settings page and click Applications, and then follow the above-mentioned tutorial on removing cache and data for Google Service Frame Work and the Google Play Store.
- Return again to Settings -> Accounts -> Google
- Select Add a Google Account-> Enter your Gmail account and password (select all terms and conditions).
Method 5: Activate Access Location in Google Settings App
As one of our users suggested when trying to activate the access position in the Google settings of your Android device, Error 923 has sometimes been resolved and is not displayed because the settings of the position can be modified with the game store and prevent the download of certain applications in the countries. where the application is restricted.
Settings> access to location> allow access to my location> enable GPS
This should do the trick and get rid of Error 923 and if you do not get rid of it, you have to try the next step as a last resort.