AVG Antivirus includes browser extensions, notifications and other features that are sure to distract you. You can disable the AVG antivirus if it prevents you from installing a legitimate program. You can disable individual security settings instead of disabling the entire program. This feature is useful if you want to protect your virus protection while removing the protection of your web browser.
From time to time, you will probably need to turn off your AVG antivirus or simply pause some of its shields. Generally, you want to install third-party security software, such as a firewall, or AVG blocks your favorite website or application. You can disable individual security settings instead of disabling the entire program. This feature is useful if you want to protect your virus protection while removing the protection of your web browser.
Method 1:Disable all protections
Disabling all AVG protectors completely disables AVG virus protection. You can also disable all protection. To do this, follow these steps.
- First, open the AVG antivirus and click Options on the menu. You will get a list of all the options. From there, choose the advanced option. A new window will open with additional settings.
- Next, select Temporarily disable AVG Protection from the navigation windows. You can find it in the menu on the left side of the Advanced Settings window.
- Then click Temporarily disable AVG Protection to disable it.
- Read the warning message that appears on the screen after using the Disable AVG menu in the drop-down menu. Then select the unbalance time. Decide how long you want to disable AVG. You can turn it off for 5 minutes, 10 minutes or 1 hour or until you restart your computer.
- If you wish to extinguish the smoke pit, check the Disable fire pit protection option. This is necessary when using a program connected via a special port. It is recommended that you do not disable the firewall for a long time.
Method 2: Disable AVG protection completely
The best way to disable AVG antivirus permanently from your computer is to uninstall the program. To completely disable AVG protection, follow the steps below.
- Open the Control Panel via the Start menu.
- In Control Panel, look for program options and features. Click on it. Once you have opened this window, a complete list of programs in your system is displayed. You will see a list of all the programs installed on your computer.
- Click the AVG Protection option. You must uninstall additional AVG services before uninstalling the AVG program. The most common things are the protection of AVG.
- Click the Uninstall button. The option appears at the top of the list when you select the program.
- In AVG Uninstaller, click Uninstall to remove the program. Then restart the computer. But you can avoid restarting your computer at this time.
- Remove all AVG programs and restart your computer. This completes the uninstallation process.
Method 3: Disable individual protections
To disable personal protection, you must follow the steps below.
- First, open AVG Antivirus. After that, click on the part you want to disable.
- Then click "On" to disable protection and change the setting to "Disable". To reactivate the service, click Disabled option.
- To return to the AVG antivirus main page, click the Back arrow. To hide the program, you can click X in the right corner of your computer.