The boot device is the primary storage of the computer that contains the bootable operating system. If your hard drive does not have an operating system, the boot device was not found. The error is common when you are wrong in the boot order after installing the new operating system or the hard disk containing the operating system is corrupted. Almost all computers are prone to this error and HP computers are no exception.
If you are using an HP computer or laptop and you are experiencing the same problem, you must follow the HP boot device error solutions that are not found. Many simple solutions to this problem are available on the Internet and we will share them. In this article, you’ll find effective solutions for correcting a boot device error that can not be found in HP computers and notebooks. The problem with booting HP laptops occurs when boot hardware is not found, or the BIOS is not configured properly, and the computer accesses available boot devices can be detected. If the startup files are not found, an error appears with the error message “3F0 error or boot device not found” on your HP notebook.
Causes of HP Boot Device Not Found (3F0) Error
At startup, the laptop will display: Boot Device Not Found, install an operating system on your hard drive. Hard disk (3F0) and so on with a black background. If you restart your computer, you will come back to the same screen again and again.Once the error appears on your computer screen, it may start normally longer. Therefore, you must take quick action now to determine the causes of the lack of the bootable drive.
Here, in the following, you can use it as a reference.
- Incorrect boot order in the BIOS
- Hard disk connection problem
- System files or boot files damaged without your knowledge
- MBR or boot sector is corrupted on bootable disk
- Other external attacks, such as third-party system-protected applications, viruses, malware, etc.
Method 1. Change the boot order
First of all, you need to make sure that the hard drive from which you start is the right drive. If you mistakenly choose to boot from a device that does not start, it will not start properly from the device that does not start and will display the following error message: “Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system on your hard drive. change the boot order in the BIOS and let it boot from the bootable device. If this is the boot device and you have this error, you can use the following methods.
Method 2. Perform a hard reset
When you experience the problem that no boot device is detected, you can try to perform a hard reset. A hard or hard reset clears all information from the computer’s memory and can restore functionality. Resetting your computer forces the system to erase and restore the software connections between the BIOS and the hardware.
To perform a hard reset, follow these steps:
- Turn off the computer. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
- Disconnect all external devices from your computer, unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
- Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
- Press and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds to eliminate any remaining electrical charge from the capacitors protecting the memory.
- Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter into the computer, but do not connect any peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, printers, and so on.
- Turn on the computer. If a boot menu opens, select Start Windows normally with the arrow keys and press Enter.
If resetting the hard drive does not solve your problem, you can proceed to the next method.
Method 3. Restore the BIOS default settings
Restoring the BIOS defaults can correct the “Amps Device Not Found” error in HP. You can perform the following steps:
- Turn off the computer and wait at least five seconds.
- Restart the computer and press the F10 key repeatedly to access the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the default BIOS Setup settings.
- Press F10 to save and exit.
- Select Yes, and then press Enter when you are prompted to exit Save Changes?
- Follow the prompt to restart the computer.If the computer restarts normally, you are done.
There are 3 different methods to resolve the boot device not found in HP Windows 10/8/7. but there are many other ways to solve the problem. For example, if the boot device not found in HP is caused by a virus attack, then you must remove the virus using anti-virus software.