How to Fix Hp Driver Power State Failure?
“Driver Power Failure” is an error displayed in the BSOD. This error is mainly due to an incompatible or inappropriate driver for any hardware device in a computer system. Driver Power State Failure is a popular Windows BSOD error related to drivers. This error of the blue screen of death is mainly the result of the incompatible driver for any hardware device. A simple reboot can solve the problem. When updating the machine to Windows 10, you may encounter a driver power failure error. To solve the problem, uninstall the drivers. When you experience this problem, restart your PC in safe mode.
This blue screen error, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (also known as 0x0000009F), is due to driver errors. Drivers are instructions provided by your device to tell your computer how to interact with them. When on a laptop, look for the title of your notebook and the appropriate BIOS update for that purpose. Windows 10 has many problems and among all the errors, this is one of the most irritating. As we all know, drivers are very important for Windows to run external devices. If you want to use an external mouse or keyboard, you must first install the drivers. But sometimes, due to outdated drivers, you will have to deal with this problem.
We have included below three solutions that you can try to correct the error. You may not have to try them all. Just continue to find the one that suits you.
Top 3 Ways to Fix Hp “Driver Power State Failure” Error in Windows
Solution 1: Disable energy savings to correct driver power failure.
The problem may be caused by power adjustment issues. Change the power settings to see if this resolves the problem. Follow the steps below:
- On your keyboard, simultaneously press the Win + R keys (Windows key and R key) to call the Run dialog box.
- Type Control Panel and click OK to open the Control Panel window.
- Show in small icons and select Power Options.
- Make sure Balanced (Recommended) is selected, and then click Edit Plan Settings Next.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- Expand Wireless Adapter Settings and Power Saver Mode, and set the parameter to Maximum Performance.
- Expand PCI Express and Link State Management, and change the setting to Maximum Power Save.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Restart your computer to check if the driver’s power failure error has disappeared. If it does not work for you, it’s time to try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Fixed a driver power failure error with System Restore.
System Restore can be used to troubleshoot issues with the system, such as the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error. It allows Windows users to return the state of the PC to that of a previous point. If you have already created system restore points before the error, you can now restore the system to a normal state by doing the following:
- Right-click on the computer and select Property.
- Select System Protection, and then choose System Restore … in the opening dialog.
- Click Next and choose the desired system recovery point in the table. If you couldn’t restore the system you can proceed to solution 3
Solution 3: Uninstall problematic drivers to resolve driver power issues.
Corrupt or corrupt drivers may be the cause of the problem. Check the status of your driver in Device Manager. If you see a yellow mark next to a device, uninstall it. The yellow mark indicates that the device driver is missing or corrupted. To uninstall the driver:
- On your keyboard, simultaneously press the Windows logo key and R to call the Runbox.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Expand the category and look for the device with a yellow mark.
- Right click on the device.
- Click Uninstall.
- Repeat the above steps to uninstall all drivers with a yellow mark.
- Reboot your PC and check to see if the Driver Power State Failure error resolves.
Related Links to check out:
HP 5821 printer driver download
HP 7610 Printer Driver Download
HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
Hp Laserjet 1010 Driver Installation in Windows
Hp Laserjet P1102 Driver Installation Problem
HP Laserjet Pro M402dn Monochrome Printer
HP Deskjet 1010 Driver Download
HP Photosmart C3180 Driver Download