Hulu error Apple TV
Many Apple TV users report the effectiveness of applications. It is not uncommon for apps like Hulu and Netflix not to work on Apple TV. Sometimes, the problem of Hulu not working on Apple TV can be caused by the application itself or by a problem with Apple TV. Regardless of the problem, it can be quite frustrating to not know how to solve it and the application is working properly again.
Check if Hulu is Down
Are you getting one of the following error messages on Apple TV when you try to stream Hulu?
- Sorry an error has occurred…
- Video no longer available
- Unable to reach Hulu
Solution 1: Check the Compatibility
First, you need to check if the Apple TV is compatible enough to run the Hulu application. In fact, your Apple TV must belong to the 4th generation or later to run the Hulu application on it.
Solution 2: Restart Apple TV
If the device is sufficiently compatible, you will need to reboot to see if the problem is resolved. In fact, rebooting can solve various minor issues related to applications running on Apple TV.
- Go to Settings on your Apple TV device and select the "General" option.
- Access the "Restart" option in the list of options and select it.
Solution 3: Update Apps on Apple TV
If the problem persists, try updating the apps on Apple TV. 1. Go to the Settings app on your Apple TV device and select the "Apps" option. 2.Select the "Automatically update applications" option in the options. 3.Let the applications be updated automatically now. Give it a little time and check if the application is updated. To do this, you have to go to "bought" on App store. Then select "Recently updated".
Solution 4: Restart Hulu App
If you do not succeed yet, you can try restarting the Hulu app.
- Turn on the Apple TV (if it is still off).
- Let the TV on the home screen. Double-click the TV button on the remote control.
- Now, on the Trackpad, swipe right and locate the Hulu app. Once located, simply drag the application to close it.
- Exit the multitasking mode by simply pressing the menu button on the remote control. Launch Hulu again to see if it works now.
Solution 5: Turn off Send Data to Apple
If you do not have a chance yet, you can try to disable "Send Data to Apple". Disabling this feature prevents Apple TV from communicating with its servers when using Hulu. This is particularly applicable to slower Internet connections.
- Go to the Settings app on your Apple TV and select the "General" option.
- Then select the option Send data to Apple and disable the settings.